Any motorcycle clubs in the Villages for riders that don't ride Goldwing's?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2022, 09:14 AM
Default Any motorcycle clubs in the Villages for riders that don't ride Goldwing's?

I'm looking to join clubs and groups and I can't seem to find a motorcycle group that allows bikes other than Goldwing's. Are there any such groups in the Villages?
Old 01-04-2022, 01:31 PM
Default Time to retire the ride

hey Robb,

I've been riding my Suzuki Boulevard M50, 805cc cruiser for 10 yrs now; I figured when I retire to TV, I'll sell my ride. The times I've been down there, with all the round-abouts and people NOT respecting bikes or motorcyclists, I'd be scared to death to ride.

Perhaps I'll buy a convertible instead....

ride safe, my friend....Clint, Freeport, ME
Old 01-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Default Motorcycle groups in/around TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
I'm looking to join clubs and groups and I can't seem to find a motorcycle group that allows bikes other than Goldwing's. Are there any such groups in the Villages?
Greetings! Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but there are quite a few groups that ride in the area: within The Villages, you have The Village Nomads Motorcycle Club, which is an official Villages "Club", and only open to Residents of TV. You can reach them at their monthly mtgs at the Moyer Rec Ctr. at 1900 on the 1st Mon each month, or email the Pres., Bob Kerfin, KerfinBob@gmail.com and he can help you.

If you're a Harley guy, there's a HOG Chapter that rides out of Gator H-D in Leesburg and has quite a few members in TV and the local area.

And if you're a Vet and member of the Am. Legion, there's a Legion Riders Chapter in the Lady Lake Post up on Rt 466 & Rolling Acres Rd. Email me at ghaplea@comcast.net and I can fill you in on that.

Good Luck!! Gene H.

Last edited by NavyNJ; 01-04-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,751 Posts

I’d recommend a trials bike, you know the ones that hop from rock to rock and you can balance for a couple of minutes before you put your feet down. Since there are no sidewalks in most areas, no public transportation, if one is on meds or can’t see so well, they still tend to drive where in other places they would walk to the store or doctor. Defensive riding is a good skill to have in TV. I’ve heard some people say a little prayer, before they enter the round about, “Dear Lord, let me make it out of this one again, if it is Your will.”

Last edited by Velvet; 01-04-2022 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Default Slingshot driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
I think the Village Nomads allow any motorcycle. I have been looking for a club that would allow Polaris Slingshots but none do. I've even posted a query on TOV about anyone interested in Slingshot club but no response. I must be the only one in TV.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswett5234 View Post
hey Robb,

I've been riding my Suzuki Boulevard M50, 805cc cruiser for 10 yrs now; I figured when I retire to TV, I'll sell my ride. The times I've been down there, with all the round-abouts and people NOT respecting bikes or motorcyclists, I'd be scared to death to ride.

It is Florida, so the only curves are off ramps and roundabouts.

I ride a Honda Grom and don't find TV drivers to be any worse than the rest of the country. The interstate is a different story (worst drivers of any state).
Old 01-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post

I ride a Honda Grom and don't find TV drivers to be any worse than the rest of the country.
What planet are you from ?

People complain here about how dangerous driving golf carts, automobiles, bicycles, and even walking are in TV and you're comparing it with the rest of the country???

You got to get out more
Old 01-07-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,389 Times in 2,523 Posts

There is a local chapter of Hell's Grannies at Lake Sumter.
They line dance most nights!
Old 01-07-2022, 11:27 AM

Hi Robbb,

What sort of bike do you ride? I am a new Villager and I am having my Honda RC51 sport bike shipped down from New England. I too have been looking for a motorcycle group. I just emailed the Nomad motorcycle club president to see if they have any sport bike riders in their group.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanTodd View Post
Hi Robbb,

What sort of bike do you ride? I am a new Villager and I am having my Honda RC51 sport bike shipped down from New England. I too have been looking for a motorcycle group. I just emailed the Nomad motorcycle club president to see if they have any sport bike riders in their group.
I was looking at the Nomads group as well, but I haven’t joined yet. I am a member of a BMW owners group out of Tampa, but ride mostly solo. I also like to do sport riding. Up in New England I had a group of friends who rode around the northern states,. Once a year we did a “Canadian Sport Tour” for a week or more which was great fun. I like to ride in small groups at a good pace.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
What planet are you from ?

People complain here about how dangerous driving golf carts, automobiles, bicycles, and even walking are in TV and you're comparing it with the rest of the country???

You got to get out more
I'm from earth, and thank you for your thoughtful response.

I have driven and or / cycled most of our country and Canada and I enforced traffic laws for 26 years specializing in traffic and accident investigations. The traffic in TV is clearly not as bad as all the crybabies claim.

The Florida and Georgia Interstate drivers? In my experience they are some of the worst in the nation.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswett5234 View Post
hey Robb,

I had my bike shipped here from Minnesota late last winter, rode it for two months and sold it. I think I had more close calls in those two months than I had in the previous five years in Minnesota, and a lot of THAT riding was on the freeway system in Minneapolis - St. Paul.
Closed Thread

Tags
clubs, villages, groups, motorcycle, goldwings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.