French conversation group

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles
Default French conversation group

Parlez-vous français? Avez-vous envie de parler avec d’autres francophones? Je voudrais créer un groupe avec le but, tout simplement, de causer de choses et d’autres dans un atmosphère bien décontracté. Ce n’est pas du tout de programme d’études ou d’enseignement. Peut être que nous pourrions réunir à un café à Lake Sumter Landing pour un boisson et un peu de conversation? Si cette idée vous intéresse, répondez, s’il vous plaît, ici à janenjoyner@gmail.com. Bavardons!

Just to clarify: This is not a study group or teaching environment. It would just be fun to chat on a regular basis with others who love the French language. Making an effort to communicate at your own personal skill level is what this is all about.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Sage
Default C'etait magnifique!

i will send you a pm and an email....j'ai etudie le francais mais il y a beaucoup d'annees, et maintenant j'assiste a une classe d'espagnol et autre
d'italienne. serait bien amusant reunir avec des autres qui aiment le francais.
there is a very nice french study group every thursday at noon at tierra del sol but it is more for learning, not too much for conversation...your idea is splendid!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Veteran member
Default French conversation group

Bon jour! Pour moi, votre idee est tres interessante. J'ai habite a Paris pour une annee de 1999 a 2000. Mais, j'ai oubulie toute les vocabulaire. Quand je retornais a TV, nous vous voudrons voir.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Location: Little Rock AR - San Diego CA - Memphis TN - Ft Myers FL - Macon GA, Roswell GA - TV St Charles

Super! Je suis contente que vous aimiez cette idée. S.V.P., quand vous reviendrez aux Villages, écrivez moi à janenjoyner@gmail.com .

A bientot, j'espère.

Jane Joyner
Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Je vous parlerai bientot. J'attends avec impatience l'occasion de faire votre connaissance. :-)

Salut,

Jane
Old 09-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Smile The French Connection - French Conversation Group

"The French Connection" conversation group is moving toward becoming "official" ! On Oct. 6th and Oct. 13th, an interest survey will appear in the weekly Recreation News bulletin. It will appear at the beginning of the club news. You don't have to wait for the survey to contact Jane Joyner with your show of interest. If you would like to become a part of this easygoing French Conversation group, please contact Jane at 404-281-1686 or janenjoyner@gmail.com. We are hoping for a solid response so that we'll be given a "salle" in one of the rec. centers for bi-monthly meetings. We plan to meet the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, from 3h30 - 4h45 de l'après-midi.

Amitiés!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:07 PM

I attended the Universite de Dijon as an exchange student after having studied French for 4 years. In a European History lecture class, the professor called on me, and I answered his question. He then said (in French, obviously), "You must be from the United States." I replied oui, then he said (in English) "You must be from the SOUTHERN United States." I was mortified. I never realized that I spoke French with a southern accent. Traumatized for life, still won't speak French to this day.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Sage
Default come on!

hey, california gal, this is the time of our lives when we should conquer our old fears and traumas and have fun! if your french was good enough to study in france for a year, i am sure you would enjoy the conversation group! none of us are native speakers, after all! no one will treat you like that arse of a professor...hope you will reconsider....
Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl View Post
I attended the Universite de Dijon as an exchange student after having studied French for 4 years. In a European History lecture class, the professor called on me, and I answered his question. He then said (in French, obviously), "You must be from the United States." I replied oui, then he said (in English) "You must be from the SOUTHERN United States." I was mortified. I never realized that I spoke French with a southern accent. Traumatized for life, still won't speak French to this day.
Don't let it bother you. The main thing is to communicate. Show me a French person speaking English, and I'll show you a person speaking English with a French accent. When we were in Lausanne learning French before spending 20 years in French speaking Africa, the French lady teaching that section told the class (of about 7 nationalities) "You Germans, you can learn French, you Brits, you can learn it pretty well, you Americans, it will be hard." Then she looked at my wife (who is from the South) and said, "...and for you Americans with that strong Dipthong, you will Never speak correct French !" Don't get me wrong, we loved her (Claude is her name) but just because you aren't born into French doesn't mean you can't communicate it it.
‘Faut tout simplement communiquer. C’est une bonne chose. Quand j’arrive a TV pour y habiter l'annee prochaine, je serais très content de faire part de ce group… Mais vous allez me pardonner pour mon accent Africaine....
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

Hope for a successful initial get together and will attend in the future when I am in TV. But please don't penalize me if I revert back to English. My French is getting rusty by the minute.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.