Artist group

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Default Artist group

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are a lot of people riding bicycles here in The Villages. Some are returning to the sport and some are down and out serious cyclists. They are all making me VERY nervous.

They do not go as fast as cars and I like to give them a wide berth when I pass them which means that if there is a lot of traffic and oncoming cars I am holding up traffic. (SORRY....I am afraid they might swerve or fall in front of my car)

Today I was driving over to SeaBreeze to photograph the neat cabanas there for a painting and I was behind two not so serious cylists, I say that because they were riding upright and not bent over and they were, well, older, maybe as old as me. They did not look behind them when it was time to merge with traffic and then they went around the circle,(!!??) narrowly missing some cars. (or the cars narrowly missing them) They went into the inside lane and then exited the right lane in the traffic circle...and the cars were nearly stopped trying to avoid them which they did. Thank heavens.

Are they supposed to stay on or in the multi-modal paths, thus going under the street instead of the turn around???
Graciegirl,
It sounds like you are a painter. I too am a painter (watercolor mostly) who wishes to move to TV this fall & participate in the art groups. I'd love to be bale to start up a watercolor class. I teach now in Michigan. Are you in any of the groups I read about?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.