Carnivore support group

Old 01-03-2024, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Stop! Seriously just get out of the thread. Do you know why the OP is on Carnivore? Do you know about health issues that require it as an elimination diet? Apart from that, everything you posted is misinformation. The thread didn't ask for advice on carnivore diet. He asked for support for people on it. Probably ideas on what to eat and recipes, etc.
This is just another fad diet.
No doctor worth their salts would recommend such an imbalanced diet, unless there was some serious underlying health problems, and then it would be closely monitored, and as both the OP and his wife are starting together, I doubt medical issues are the reason.
There are no proven health benefits to the diet, just 'claims.'
Anytime you lose a few pounds of weight you are lessening the risk of diabetes, stroke heart attack etc. That's a fact.
If you reduce your food intake, increase your exercise, a far better, proven health result would ensue.
The problem is, it requires a little effort, and in today's never ending search for instant results, effort is a dirty word.
But never mind, there will be another super diet coming along soon, with even better 'claims!'
Old 01-03-2024, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
This is just another fad diet.
No doctor worth their salts would recommend such an imbalanced diet, unless there was some serious underlying health problems, and then it would be closely monitored, and as both the OP and his wife are starting together, I doubt medical issues are the reason.
There are no proven health benefits to the diet, just 'claims.'
Anytime you lose a few pounds of weight you are lessening the risk of diabetes, stroke heart attack etc. That's a fact.
If you reduce your food intake, increase your exercise, a far better, proven health result would ensue.
The problem is, it requires a little effort, and in today's never ending search for instant results, effort is a dirty word.
But never mind, there will be another super diet coming along soon, with even better 'claims!'
The point is no one asked our opinion on the diet. If your research has led you to that belief then you should not have even clicked the thread. Just move on and leave us alone. We've done our own research and the post was not seeking your medical advice. Don't you see the OP became so frustrated with posts like yours that he doesn't even feel he can post here.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Oh, come on. Where's your sense of humor.
FYI- i understood the punchline from ur joke is from BlazingSaddles, so i kinda knew you were joking
Old 01-03-2024, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
FYI- i understood the punchline from ur joke is from BlazingSaddles, so i kinda knew you were joking
Thanks. Sorry my attemp at humor wasn't appreciated.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:30 PM
Default My experience

Last year I was on Metformin, Hydroclorothiazide, lisonopril, and a statin.
Started Carnivore after a great deal of research 11/23.
Today, Dr. has taken me off all meds.
Blood sugar, normal.
Blood Pressure, stable.
Cholesterol 166 Yes, eating 4 eggs every morning with butter and bacon.
Back pain, 80 percent better.
Also, did a CAC Mri scan for all you know it alls that will say, oh! But with all that fat? Your arteries will surely be blocked.
The result was 0% blockage. Average is 20-35%
The last nice development was losing 30 plus pounds.

The post which mentioned lack of vitamins, here is what sounds funny.
I was always low in D and E, took 50,000 iu of D to keep up.
Now, its normal.
I also wear a Dexcom G7 that measures glucose real time. I have records for all of what i'm saying.
Happy to meet with anyone to discuss this.
I also take a supplement call Re-lyte. Give me most of what im missing in the electrolite department.
To the OP, hope you feel as good as I do. Be well.
Bud
Old 03-18-2024, 10:47 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Maybe people that don’t understand the carnivore diet should just stay out of the thread and let the op get answers from people that know something about it.
You're no fun! On a more serious note, I overheard a couple of alligators at one of our retention ponds discussing the lack of grains & leafy green vegetables available to supplement their carnivore diet. I suppose subsisting entirely on tropical birds, fish, and small dogs (and the occasional human appendage) would get tiresome.
The Villages Florida
Old 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM

If I come up with some fresh lean ground meat from my hunting....could ya'll cook it up and eat it???

Tags
carnivore, group, support, diet, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.