A 'Dam Ship Club?

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Veteran member
Default A 'Dam Ship Club?

Is there a club for veteran sailors of Holland America Line? My wife and I are 4 Star Mariners.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Platinum member

Bavarian:

No such club that I know of, but there ought to be a lot of folks eligible! I'm a 3-Star Mariner, with very close to 100 nights cruised and/or booked.

A few years ago, the Daily Sun ran an article about a Villager who had accummulated more than 2,500 nights aboard Holland America ships. She was known amongst cruise ship staff as "Mama Lou!"

If you come across enough folks who are high-level cruisers, I'll join them so as to establish a good group!

Expanding your base, I am also booked for some 66 nights on Princess, and would be equally happy to be a Captain's Circle member of your group!

SWR
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Will attempt to start one when we move down. When not on a cruise. Longest one we took was Grand World Voyage in 2008, 113 actual days, 114 calendar days because we "lost a day in Paradise". Also a long one was 2010 Asia Pacific, 70 Days. Rest shorter cruises, for scenic purposes. Like their Brazil Carnaval cruise and am still waiting for them to run the circle Africa Cruise they did in 2008.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Bavarian:

No such club that I know of, but there ought to be a lot of folks eligible! I'm a 3-Star Mariner, with very close to 100 nights cruised and/or booked.

A few years ago, the Daily Sun ran an article about a Villager who had accummulated more than 2,500 nights aboard Holland America ships. She was known amongst cruise ship staff as "Mama Lou!"

If you come across enough folks who are high-level cruisers, I'll join them so as to establish a good group!

Expanding your base, I am also booked for some 66 nights on Princess, and would be equally happy to be a Captain's Circle member of your group!

SWR
Wonder if she was the one we met some years ago on Panama Canal cruise, who told us about The Villages, and got the bug started.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Thumbs up

We are active cruisers and always seem to meet someone from TV while on a ship.
And if (I mean, when) we become a "Villager", we would love to join a Cruise Club!

Trudy and Keith
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.