Horse Lovers in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2022, 07:09 PM
Default Horse Lovers in The Villages

I know there used to be the "Horsin' Around group" but they "go dark" when I'm in The Villages all summer and may not even be around post-COVID Considering moving my horse from CA, as we spend more and more of the year in FL. Anybody know of a good boarding stable close to the Villages? Would love to find an indoor riding arena for summer fun. As great as the Villages is, I've always been a bit surprised that horse ownership is not easily accommodated (unless you belong to the Morse family). Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 01-22-2022, 02:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

There are horse properties up by where we live. I think only 3 or 7 lots are built on. One residence has a barn and 3 horses. Not sure what the other 2 have.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:30 AM

You're going to want a covered arena, not an actual indoor.
I judge some dressage shows over at Grand Oaks - its a 20 minute drive for me in St Cats.
Its a gorgeous facility with lots of hacking.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
You're going to want a covered arena, not an actual indoor.
I judge some dressage shows over at Grand Oaks - its a 20 minute drive for me in St Cats.
Its a gorgeous facility with lots of hacking.
How does one go about getting experience working with horses? Caring and handling to be more specific. I'm in the Villages and have an interest and would like to know if it's an endeavor worth pursuing.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinSanto View Post
How does one go about getting experience working with horses? Caring and handling to be more specific. I'm in the Villages and have an interest and would like to know if it's an endeavor worth pursuing.
Sorry - just saw this. Maybe go over to Grand Oaks and find out if they are hiring. Hard to find reliable help these days.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinSanto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Sorry - just saw this. Maybe go over to Grand Oaks and find out if they are hiring. Hard to find reliable help these days.
VinSanto There are several places around the villages that are in need of volunteers to help with their horses, Several of these places are in need of donations as well as volunteers to help run their ranch, I would think its a great place to learn about these beautifull animals. Search volunteers for horses etc
Old 03-31-2022, 10:28 PM

Contact Marion therapeutic riding Association. They offer full training for volunteers. Excellent group of people, many from TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, horse, summer, find, indoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.