Inventors Club

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Default Inventors Club

I want to start an inventors club in the villages. We will need idea people, fabricators, engineers, craftspeople, machinists, mechanics, builders, materials people, lawyers, in other words, anyone and everyone may be able to contribute. Interested parties can contact me at johnpayne@thevillages.net.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Founder
Default Re: Inventors Club

John,

I think that is a fantastic idea. Anything we can do to help you, let us know. We will be happy to put the resources of Talk of the Villages behind your plan.

Best regards
Jan Kokochak
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM

I'm surprised. So far I've only had one person who has expressed an interest via TOTV>
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 PM

good idea I would join.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Platinum member

John, Had a great invention years ago. Did the patent research and found that the military had a similar idea on a much larger scale, but this was a domestic invention for common folk, and we were good to go. We spent hours and hours doing the research in a patent library. I believe I still have my drawings. Prototype must be manufactured, (almost had that figured out), and then apply for patent, hire attorney, which needs cash and we didn't have much cash. (maybe I can feasably get this going at this point in life). I never had a feasability plan done, but if I told you my idea, you would say we might have missed the boat. Actually I recently disclosed my idea to a big invention co.. after they signed a secrecy document. They wanted to go with it. But, they then wanted thousands of dollars from me. I understood that they would have done the legwork, and investing and I would get my sliver. I just don't have thousands of dollars to invest, unless a guarantee of return is known!!! My son just came out with the funniest joke gift for a "spencers" type novelty. Must be in the blood!! We still haven't seen our invention idea marketed. My hubby and I would love this club!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Hi,
Sorry to be so slow in getting back to you. I really believe there are hundreds of stories like yours in the villages. To speak to me directly you can respond at johnpayne@thevillages.net, or my number is 352-446-8950. I think this would be a great club. I do not have a lot of practical knowledge/experience in trying to get an invention off and running. Your experience would be an excellent contribution...that is what I believe would make the club so exciting. The idea that a lot of people all having bits of info, experiences, and know how would really speed things along. I would like to get at least four or six of us to set up our first meeting, and then go from there.

John.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Default inventor club future

Hi John,
Hoping to be moving to TV as soon as I sell one of my properties and was interested in your inventor club. I am very handy and would mostly enjoy the building of the prototypes of the ideas. My background is Heavy Duty trucks and Yachts.
As for the patent part, from what I know. It is a waste of money and time. Do you really think Bill Gates didn’t borrow somebody’s work and use it for his needs. The goal & fun is to produce something that solves a problem or build a better mouse trap.

Please let know if you get the club going and if you are looking at having a set-up like the woodshop.

Thanks

Fred Zembrzuski
Future TV member
Old 01-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Default Not there yet

John, I would love to join a club like that but we havnt moved to TV yet. Will be in a couple of months. My background is Electrical, electronics computers and have always tinkered with everything and anything. Keep posting,I'll look you up when we arrive if you still need members.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Default Inventors Club

I too am a come when I can owner but would be highly interested in this club. Keep posting hopefully we can CREATE something together.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Default Inventor Club

John,
I might be interested. I am a retired mechanical engineer and former business owner who had 70+ people when I sold the company. The company built custom "one of a kind" machinery. My responsiablitiy was to design a cost effect machine to perform a specialized need required by our customer. My duties involved supervising the mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydrauic engineers. We then sent the engineering plans to our manufacturing department, who built the machinery. Most of our equipment was highly automated and included mulitiple motors, cylinders and cams that where controlled by solid state controllers. Approx. 25% of what we built was an "invention", but very rarely was anything actually "patentable". I mention this because I am interested in your inquiry for a new inventors club, but also I have many questions as to what you think you would like to do with this club. In 40 years of manufacturing about 10 million dollars of machinery per year I have only seen about a dozen true patentable machines and only two became true money making inventions. Give me a call and leave you phone number 352-446-0918.
Ray
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.