Johnny Appleseed Comes Alive for Puc Puggy

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2022, 02:10 PM
Location: We meet at the Saddlebrook Recreation Center the 3rd Friday of each month.
Default Johnny Appleseed Comes Alive for Puc Puggy

Mary Zabel, Florida State Speaker, gave the program at the Puc Puggy monthly meeting held at the Savannah Center on March 18. Mrs. Zabel taught 37 years in Christian elementary schools and also also received two teaching awards. Her topic was “Johnny Appleseed, A Pioneer and a Legend”. Growing up after the Revolution, John Chapman gained an appreciation of his family’s apple orchard and flower garden. When pioneers began moving west, the young nurseryman began planting apple orchards according to anticipated migration trails so the orchards were well established before people settled there. During his lifetime he became known far and wide as "Johnny Appleseed". Many of the orchards he planted still remain today, yet his name has faded from history. At the lunch break attendees examined Mrs. Zabel’s display of Johnny Appleseed pictures and artifacts. Seen here, Mrs. Zabel receives a certificate and gift of appreciation.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Zabel-Marcotteweb.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	93105  
Old 03-22-2022, 03:59 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I am sorry I missed this about John as I know a little bit about him having lived in Urbana, Oh for 60 some years.

Johnny Appleseed Museum to reopen - Urbana Daily Citizen
Old 04-18-2022, 01:21 PM
Location: We meet at the Saddlebrook Recreation Center the 3rd Friday of each month.
Default Johnny Appleseed Comes Alive for Puc Puggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I am sorry I missed this about John as I know a little bit about him having lived in Urbana, Oh for 60 some years.

Johnny Appleseed Museum to reopen - Urbana Daily Citizen
Hi, twoplanekid! Nice to "meet" you. I apologize for taking so long to respond to you about our Johnny Appleseed posting. I have forwarded your newspaper article to Mary Zabel. She truly has a passion for all things relating to Johnny Appleseed and feels a particular need to be sure he is not forgotten. Would you like me to have her get in touch with you? As an FSSDAR speaker, she is probably available to non-DAR clubs in the area. Many thanks for your message!
Chris
Closed Thread

Tags
appleseed, johnny, orchards, zabel, mrs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.