Kanopy Club free film tonight - I Am Woman

Old 02-20-2024, 08:21 AM
Default Kanopy Club free film tonight - I Am Woman

This month's showing at Everglades Rec Center 6:00PM tonight, Tuesday Feb. 20, is I AM WOMAN (hear me roar), a biopic of Helen Reddy, who became a feminist symbol with her hit song, which everyone knows. This film was made in 2019 by Australians who celebrate their Aussie sister's success.
There will be an opportunity for discussion after the film, but take note - as organizer for this new club on its 7th meeting, I have never been involved in the feminist movement. Kanopy has over 30,000 offered films covering all walks of life. It is free from participating public libraries, which also offer materials covering almost every imaginable topic. Some offered films, like this one, currently have public performance rights suitable for clubs which don't charge admission.
All Villagers and guests with valid Villages ID are welcome, but if you cannot make this event, don't fret. You can stream Kanopy movies at home to watch this movie too, with membership from participating public libraries.
Hope there is a good turnout!

Tags
kanopy, film, public, feminist, offered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.