Off-Road Club

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2023, 08:16 AM
Default Off-Road Club

I know the subject of a Jeep club has come up before in the past. Mostly crickets....

But I continue to wonder if there is any interest in an off-road club (not Jeep specific, although we have a Jeep).

Looking to do local wheeling (Ocala NF, Citrus etc) with like-minded Villagers.
Post up!
Old 01-14-2023, 09:05 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,568 Times in 429 Posts

If you're on FB, try joining Florida Trail Stompers. We go on organized rides to ONF, Citrus, Croom.... Lots of fun.
And yes, I think there would be plenty of interest in a Jeep club if someone wanted to do the legwork. Also, if you collect badges to put on your Jeep, I have a friend who is making badges that say "Villages Rated". After all, we deserve a badge for driving in this nonsense!
Old 01-14-2023, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,776 Times in 1,568 Posts

One thing to be watchful of, is that Florida is very ecological-minded, with a lot of regulations regarding what you can and cannot do on public land. My guess is that such regulations extend to off-road activities in motor vehicles while on public land.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
One thing to be watchful of, is that Florida is very ecological-minded, with a lot of regulations regarding what you can and cannot do on public land. My guess is that such regulations extend to off-road activities in motor vehicles while on public land.
Every WMA in Florida has guidelines and rules that are followed meticulously by the off roading groups that I belong to. Tread lightly and leave it better than you found it. You should join the Tread Lightly group and you can have access to all the rules.
Old 01-14-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
If you're on FB, try joining Florida Trail Stompers. We go on organized rides to ONF, Citrus, Croom.... Lots of fun.
And yes, I think there would be plenty of interest in a Jeep club if someone wanted to do the legwork. Also, if you collect badges to put on your Jeep, I have a friend who is making badges that say "Villages Rated". After all, we deserve a badge for driving in this nonsense!
Thanks!! - LOL I just found and joined FTS the other day.

Agree on the craziness around here... LOL
Old 01-20-2023, 02:01 PM

I am interested in an off road club, and would like to be included if there is any meeting or get together.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Tremor View Post
I know the subject of a Jeep club has come up before in the past. Mostly crickets....

But I continue to wonder if there is any interest in an off-road club (not Jeep specific, although we have a Jeep).

Looking to do local wheeling (Ocala NF, Citrus etc) with like-minded Villagers.
Post up!
Although not likely what you're seeking, but... I'd love to find someone that wants to, or does do, dirt biking. With a motorcycle, that is. Anyway...

Last edited by JohnnyKat; 01-20-2023 at 04:55 PM. Reason: n/a
Old 01-20-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
Although not likely what you're seeking, but... I'd love to find someone that wants to, or does do, dirt biking. With a motorcycle, that is. Anyway...
Might give me a reason to get the KTM (500 EXC-F) of my dreams! LOL hmmmm
Old 01-21-2023, 07:08 AM

Please send me some info. on Villages Rated badge. My coworkers in Colorado will get a kick out of it. BTW I work for Bestop - let me know if you need anything...
Old 01-21-2023, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwartzeee View Post
Please send me some info. on Villages Rated badge. My coworkers in Colorado will get a kick out of it. BTW I work for Bestop - let me know if you need anything...
The badges are being designed and I will probably get them from her at Jeepin' With Judd in late February. I think $20 apiece and they are the metal, not plastic.
Closed Thread

Tags
jeep, club, off-road, local, wheeling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.