Looking to Join The Corvette Community

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Corvette Forum has a regional section for outside the bubble.

Southeast - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion
Thank you for the information.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Village Vettes. 600 members, 395 Corvettes. Very active socially.

HOME - Village Vettes Corvette Club
Thank you, I will definitely check this out.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Anything C5 or newer is easier to get into.

Good used corvette dealer in Orlando. I saw him my C6.
I have my eye on a C6 coupe at this point, but looking to learn more before making a purchase. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:40 AM

Great information, thanks!
Old 01-20-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
If you have not purchased a Corvette yet I would suggest that you look for a used C6 or C7 model. Many that are owned by Club members have very low mileage. These models are easier to get in and out of compared to the new C8 model. You can show up at the Village Vetts meeting at Eisenhower Center and the members park and chat an hour before the meeting. That will give you a chance to view an possible even sit in some different models. Hope this helps.
Great information. I have narrowed my focus on C6 coupes, and look forward to hearing what club members think of their individual cars. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXGuy View Post
I’ve been thinking of selling my original owner 2002 Z06. Just hit 5000 miles. Yes only 5000. Had a 427C5R motor put in it, custom leather interior, mini tubs, HRE’s, the works, then I had kids and only put maintenance miles on it. I moved to Florida and brought it with me last year and still enjoy driving it but now I can drive with you around. I’m thinking about getting something else if there’s any interest shoot me a message. Oh. It dunked at 632hp normally aspirated on pump gas . And won several awards at cars shoes. Even one at the National Corvette Museum.
Sounds like an awesome car, but I am focused on the C6 generation at this point. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

I have seen many old guys getting in and out of their Vette. No way would I subject myself to that. Doing the “side saddle swivel” and the crouch and bend.

Oh look at me! I’m a Boy Racer.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:24 AM

Yeah, it's a lil' difficult climbing in and out of my C3 shark body vette, but with each grunt and groan I remind myself it's a form of yoga for these old bones. I fit in my vette not sit in it, then it's off and away for miles of smiles.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:28 AM

Unfortunately there was a Red Corvette on Warm Springs this morning. It looked like it was totaled. Be careful on two lane Florida roads.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRoy View Post
I have been bitten by the Corvette bug, looking to buy one while I am still physically able to get in and out of it easily. I would imagine that with all of the clubs in The Villages, there must be one focused on Corvette enthusiasts who would share their ownership experiences with a novice. I would greatly appreciate information regarding the existence and meeting information for such a club. Thanks in advance.
I bought a 1962 Corvette new, I only had it a year. 52 years later I bought a new C7 vert. I kind of wish I still had it, but I’ve owned some amazing cars since. Get what you want. We’re not getting any younger.
Old 01-20-2023, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I got a Covette story.

Around 2002 or 2003, I thought a new Covette would look good in my garage.
Visited a Chevy dealership with 5 in stock.
Salesmen got the key to one and I said I'm just here to see how I fit in one.

Salesmen left me alone for a awhile, so I got in, then attempted to get back out.
Instantly I know this was not for me when I sat there for 20 minutes waiting for help from the salesmen to get out.

It was a beautiful looking beast with soft leather supported seats.

I refer to getting into a Covette is like taking a leather bucket seat, setting on the
concrete floor and telling me to sit in it then try to get out.

My wife was happy to hear my story from that day.
I figure IF you cant get out of it you just need to roll on the ground you are close enough!
Old 01-20-2023, 01:01 PM
Default Buy Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieRoy View Post
I have been bitten by the Corvette bug, looking to buy one while I am still physically able to get in and out of it easily. I would imagine that with all of the clubs in The Villages, there must be one focused on Corvette enthusiasts who would share their ownership experiences with a novice. I would greatly appreciate information regarding the existence and meeting information for such a club. Thanks in advance.
What type you buy depends how much you want to spend, what you want to do with it and how mechanically inclined you are. For the money spent on a new one you can obtain a pretyy nice 63-73. This will work if you like to work on them yourself. These years are very simple to maintain if you have mechanical aptitude. The most comfortable of the 8 Vettes that I've owned was a 65 with bucket seats that were really bench seats that looked like they were cut in half. The mid-year seats were not nearly as low as the current models and I thought they were more comfortable. As you got to the 68-72's the seats were a little lower and not as comfortable. I loved fixing things on the cars. On today's models, I wouldn't know where to start to repair them...plus, would void the warranty! Good luck!
Old 01-20-2023, 02:43 PM

My husband is selling a 2001 torch red c5 automatic coupe with 40,737 miles. Absolutely beautiful. However it is in Southern California. 862-242-9111
Old 01-20-2023, 03:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

The 3d and 4th generation Corvettes are difficult to get in and out of, actually harder to get out than in. The 5th and 6th generations eliminated much of the ingress/egress problems in the earlier models. I'm 75, bad back, knees and a badly torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder, I have no problems with my 5th gen Vette. Now if you weigh 250 + pounds or stand over 6' 2" you may have a problem. If you want one, go for it. Once you set in that seat you lose 40 years and 50lbs. There is nothing like the sound acceleration of a V8 engine. Life is too short.
Old 01-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I just thought of this. On YouTube is a guy named Lyle that works at C&S Corvettes in Sarasota, FL, a corvette specialty shop. He has a number of videos explaining the pros and cons of each generation of Corvettes and makes recommendations on the best model for each generation. His recommendations are based on his experiences at the shop.
Closed Thread

Tags
corvette, information, share, focused, enthusiasts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.