Many clubs are not great for beginners

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM

Hi Bear,

I hadn't really considered starting up classes at TV. I guess, I assumed whoever has classes that are affiliated with the Community Theater there in TV have both Improv and Acting Classes, but, you're absolutely right...on it's own, it's a hoot and a half!

It really does help those who are just a little nervous about meeting new people or the few who are unable to even speak at any social gathering. But truly, the classes themselves are loads of fun, whether you're usually the bell of the ball or you prefer melding into the wallpaper.

Actually, the most difficult problem facing anyone teaching Improv is trying to keep the laughter from taking over completely and of course, the unfailing sexual innuendos that consistently infiltrate all the exercises and unscripted scenes.

If Improv is offered in TV you should give it a try, even if you don't want a job on 'Who's Line is it Anyway?" or even if you haven't secretly dreamed of doing a 'Stand-Up' routine, on open-mike night, at the local watering hole.

Katie
Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

[QUOTE=Villages PL;550950] Good one! You should start a comedy club. Then I suppose, if I show up, I'll get creamed again. [/QUOTE

No, but you might get roasted!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Sage

why not start with one of the many state clubs....you don't need to have any special skill to be from Ohio, NY, California, etc....just walk in and someone will probably ask you where you are from and there you are, off on a conversation. it is a bit intimidating to walk in alone, but we all had to start somewhere. good luck!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.