Puc Puggy Awards Full Scholarship to Lake Weir High Graduate

Old 05-18-2024, 07:15 PM
Location: We meet at the Saddlebrook Recreation Center the 3rd Friday of each month.
Default Puc Puggy Awards Full Scholarship to Lake Weir High Graduate

The Puc Puggy Chapter NSDAR selected Diego Vasquez Cordova, Lake Weir High School graduate, for this year’s DAR Scholarship Award. Sunny Hester, Scholarship Chair, presented his certificate at the May 17, 2024, monthly chapter meeting. The award is for a full scholarship including books to attend Marion Technical College in Ocala for Fundamental Foodservice Skills.

In his application for the scholarship Vasquez Cordova wrote: “…’ever since I was a kid, I always loved the kitchen. Food is something wonderful that brings people together. I want the opportunity to treat families in sharing a meal together, solving some problems along the way, or even just getting to reunite. My team and I won the Food and Wine Festival Competition two months ago at the World Equestrian Center with a special dish of my own creation.” The NSDAR awards multiple scholarships to students showing dedication to the pursuit of degrees in diverse disciplines including history, law, nursing, and education. For more information visit General Scholarship Information and Application Checklist | Daughters of the American Revolution.

Caption: (L-R): Sunny Hester, Scholarship Chair, Diego Vasquez Cordova, Sylvia Walden, Regent.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Diego Vasquez.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	104168  

Tags
scholarship, vasquez, cordova, puc, chair

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.