Seeking a Friendly Club for My Widowed Friend in The Villages

Old 12-29-2023, 08:08 PM
Default Seeking a Friendly Club for My Widowed Friend in The Villages

I am visiting my friend in The Villages, and I can tell she's lonely. Her husband passed away two years ago, and she is just starting to get back to normal. Despite having a great personality, it takes her a while to feel comfortable around new people.

While she's not particularly sporty, she is quick-minded and has a dry wit. I know that many of the clubs already have built-in friends who attend together. Could you recommend a club that is welcoming for someone attending alone and where the group is open to making new friends?
Old 12-29-2023, 08:21 PM

There is a "Widows and Widowers" club that meets at Colony Cottage rec center, led by Margaret Baricevac.

Her email address: margaretmab@centurylink.net.

Her phone number: (352) 753-2854.

NOTE: All of this information is publicly available via The Villages "Resident Lifestyles Clubs and Contacts" list, so don't bother with the "You shouldn't be posting her personal information on the interwebz" comments.
Old 12-29-2023, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

If she likes to bowl or is willing to try, we need bowlers, she would be on a team, but bowling against different teams each week, a great way to meet people. I am on leagues monday, Wednesday and Friday, and all could use replacement bowlers.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Does she play an instrument or sing? Lots of music clubs. Some big, some small. All level of abilities can be found. All , well lots of music styles to choose from.

Tags
shes, villages, friend, friends, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.