slow and easy biking club!

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Sage

Tkret:

Yes, I was talking bout slow bike riders - no road bikers allowed!

I was looking at bikes in the shop in Spanish Springs last week and all they have are Chinese bikes. I saw another shop on 466 East of Morse but didn't get a chance to stop there - have you looked into local bike shops?

We would like to buy two moderately priced hybrids and don't want to buy Chinese made.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Tkret:

Yes, I was talking bout slow bike riders - no road bikers allowed!

I was looking at bikes in the shop in Spanish Springs last week and all they have are Chinese bikes. I saw another shop on 466 East of Morse but didn't get a chance to stop there - have you looked into local bike shops?

We would like to buy two moderately priced hybrids and don't want to buy Chinese made.
Hello, again, chuckinca,

I have not looked at any bike shops in the TV-area because I am not a resident, yet, but will be in mid-November. Although I used to do quite a bit of long-distance riding 25 years ago, nowadays it is strictly local rides to and fro the fitness center, grocery store, and nearby gin-mill
(just kidding - no RWI riding while impaired for me!)

Anyway, the bike I have, as I mentioned in a previous post, has been really good to me. I continue to use it after all these years, over 20, and it is a Miyata Touring bike. You are making a wise choice in choosing a "Hybrid" bike. The wider tires and upright frame is much more comfortable than my bicycle and also the handlebars will allow you to sit upright; my handlebars are the turn-down racing style. Years ago it was determined that to reduce wind-resistance even touring bikes should have the turn-down type handlebars. That was fine then, but today I ride upright with my hands on the very top of the handlebars. Fortunately, I have two sets of brake levers; one for riding upright and the other when "crunched over".

Good luck in your purchase search. Wish I had the luxury of the internet back in the '80s when I was searching for my bike, but very lucky and happy with the Miyata.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Smile Bike ride

I am back now and will be able to join you the first week of Nov. Have to dust off my old 50,s bike. Shows you how slow I am! My husband will also go if it does not fall on Pickleball or golf day. Let us know what day and I love after 9A.M. and LUNCH sounds great!!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage

Time for Tee,

Our biking outing was originally planned for October 27th. Unfortunately I have to pick up my car in Mt. Dora on that day so I wont be able to ride that day. However, a ride in November sounds wonderful. I cant find my way in or out of a paper bag so I still need to find us a leader who knows the Villages well, and has leadership capabilities. (Red are your ears ringing?)

I will keep in touch and perhaps by that time we will have some more interested bikers in town. Im so sorry that Another Linda will be gone by then. All this comming and going has got to stop, we need to work on everyone just STAYING!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Banned

Opppsss I thought I clicked onto a bikini club
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
Opppsss I thought I clicked onto a bikini club
I have a friend who messed up his knee on a bike - so is a bike knee close enough?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage

HU????????

Old 07-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Gold member

bike knee=+ bi kn ee
Old 07-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Sage

Bogeyboy, I got that part loud and clear, very clever , I just didnt understand confusing a biking club with a bikini club!!!! But hey that sounds like a good idea too! There is every kind of club imaginable in TV so why not a bikini club????

hmmmm, I can think of a few good reasons why not a bikini club! LOL

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.