tangle art

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Gold member
Default tangle art

I am starting a club where those of us who love to tangle can get together once a month to practice U don't have to b an artist to zentangle. Come join us
Old 03-13-2015, 11:12 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
I am starting a club where those of us who love to tangle can get together once a month to practice U don't have to b an artist to zentangle. Come join us
I had to bing search the net to find out what it was. Found this interesting article.
Zentangle alleviates stress.
Here is an interesting article from the Huffington post about adults who color. The relaxing focus that the article writes about is applicable to drawing Zentangle, Mandalas, and Celtic Knots as well.

Here is a snippet from the article

Coloring has a de-stressing effect because when we focus on a particular activity, we focus on it and not on our worries. But it also “brings out our imagination and takes us back to our childhood, a period in which we most certainly had a lot less stress.”

For me, shading and coloring Zentangle Inspired Art is about more than creating beautiful art. Filling in space with color or pencil is very meditative. Watching a piece bloom with color is so gratifying. The results can be positively magical. Layering colors creates a beautiful depth that is so captivating to watch as it develops.

When my kids were young, they didn’t have coloring books. I didn’t object to them coloring, I just wanted them to draw their own lines. Coloring Zentangle Art, Mandalas and Celtic Knots which YOU draw gets the best of all worlds.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Gold member

Thank u for the explanation for those who might want to try tangling I will not b teaching tangle however there are tons of books to start out with, also a class at learning ctr on tangle art which I took myself and most women are friendly and I,m sure would be willing to help beginners. Come join the fun
Old 03-13-2015, 02:26 PM

There is an established club that meets the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30 at Seabreeze.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspat View Post
There is an established club that meets the first Tuesday of the month at 1:30 at Seabreeze.
Yes. I am part of this group and most of the women would like an additional day just to practice whatever they enjoy. Will be informal group who just enjoy tangling with others. Should be in this weeks rec news but I'm out west now so will return ur call when I arrive home if u leave a message
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Gold member

I am fairly new to this site and not sure how to pm yet but yes u can tangle if u have never done before and u can leave me a msg on my answering machine and I will return ur call when I return next week. Right now am in survey stage see rec news
Old 03-25-2015, 08:57 PM
Gold member

Daily Sun called and will be doing an article on the new club soon. It's looking good
Old 03-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Tangle

Great! I'm VERY new to tangle, taking a class right now at TVLC. Look forward to it. Info on where and when please?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Gold member

Great u are taking class now. That's perfect. No word yet from villages on date time or place. Am compiling email list to notify everyone as soon as I get the word
Old 05-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Fourth Tuesday of the month at Colony rec center 1 pm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.