Under 50 Club?

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Platinum member
Default Under 50 Club?

I am really not trying to be a PITA. No one should take any offense to this at all...if you do I apologize ahead of time.

Most of my friends are over 50....but it takes a different (special in my opinion) kind of person to want to live in a Retirement Community when they are not necessarily of retirement age....even if they are retired early....

I am just wondering if there is such a thing...If anyone else is interested in joining one...etc....

It would just be nice to know that I am not the only one who wants to live here in my pre-retirement years!! It would also be nice to talk about work/TV's balance.
I would like to discuss how to join clubs, classes or groups without bothering anyone.

You know I really should be working right now..........

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Default Re: Under 50 Club?

Cassie

Where did you get the idea this is a "retirement" cmmunity? Almost everyone I know or meet is more active and enjoying life more than they ever did in the their previous careers or life spaces. New TV residents are certainly arriving at an earlier age, but that does not mean the current set are old. We'll take you young puppies (kitties) on in pickleball, etc. anytime. Now, where did I hide that special fountain water I found last week?

Jim

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Cassie
I am 56;hubs is 57. We are not Villagers yet but hope to be very soon. We actually started looking there in our 40's. My sister in law has been there for about 10 years now. When we started visiting there, we both thought it was a paradise but felt the same way you do. We were too young. Saw a lot of white haired people..etc. My daughter still thinks we are too yong to live with retirees... Ha! They will wear me out I am certain!
I so look forward to the day I don't have to get up with the alarm clock to go to work! You are already living the good life. God bless you my dear.
I do understand what you are saying but as I always say.."age is just a number, not a state of mind!".
I am sure there are people there in the same boat. Don't rule the oldsters out though...LOL, I have a friend in her 70's that puts me to shame!
Enjoy your Villages lifestyle...I am jealous!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker
Cassie

Where did you get the idea this is a "retirement" cmmunity? Almost everyone I know or meet is more active and enjoying life more than they ever did in the their previous careers or life spaces. New TV residents are certainly arriving at an earlier age, but that does not mean the current set are old. We'll take you young puppies (kitties) on in pickleball, etc. anytime. Now, where did I hide that special fountain water I found last week?

Jim

I ONLY call it that because that is what I believe it is actually called...I could be wrong!! Trust me I know that everyone here is very active....I have a hard time keeping up....have to higher a personal trainer to get me in shape!!! Again...this was not meant to be an insult...just that it really is different here when you are still working, a little younger (then most) and loving it here!!! If you read some of my other postings you would know that I love TV's and I am younger than most!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookirgirl
Cassie
I am 56;hubs is 57. We are not Villagers yet but hope to be very soon. We actually started looking there in our 40's. My sister in law has been there for about 10 years now. When we started visiting there, we both thought it was a paradise but felt the same way you do. We were too young. Saw a lot of white haired people..etc. My daughter still thinks we are too young to live with retirees... Ha! They will wear me out I am certain!
I so look forward to the day I don't have to get up with the alarm clock to go to work! You are already living the good life. God bless you my dear.
I do understand what you are saying but as I always say.."age is just a number, not a state of mind!".
I am sure there are people there in the same boat. Don't rule the oldsters out though...LOL, I have a friend in her 70's that puts me to shame!
Enjoy your Villages lifestyle...I am jealous!
Pook! Thanks! Makes a difference....trust me I would not dare call anyone older than say 88....old!!! I am still working but thankfully can work from home on the computer...which of course is hard to do here!!! Work that is!!

However....I really wanted to understand what others are thinking....this place is wonderful in everyway...I drive around thinking I would not live anywhere else on earth!! I want to meet other people that feel the same way....under 50!!

Again....to the rest of you reading this....I LOVE YOU all and think nothing of the age...perhaps I should have put this under "Support Groups" instead of clubs!! Some of us have a hard time keeping up!!!! ;D

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker
Cassie

Jim
PS...Jim my thought is also that if you are not working...or just working a little for benefits or a little extra cash....then you are retired....thus a Retirement community ;D

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Gold member

I totally relate to wanting to meet some people who have chosen to live in TV, but have circumstances similar to yours. We all seek out people who understand the stage of life we are in...such as having younger children, working, your generation's distinctive characteristics like music, experiences, etc.

Isn't this one of the reasons so many of us desire The Villages? To be with others who "get" our stage in life...Teenagers locked in a more mature version of our former physical selves?

Good luck Cassie hope you find some friends your age. You know where I might want to look if I were you is at the parents of the children your daughters age...especially if she goes to The Villages School.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I agree with Susan, and wondered what brought you here Cassie and then I remember reading that your work is finding housing for seniors. Is that correct?

I too have generally found that I get along fine with people of all ages, but It is lovely to be surrounded with people of my general age and life experience.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
I agree with Susan, and wondered what brought you here Cassie and then I remember reading that your work is finding housing for seniors. Is that correct?

I too have generally found that I get along fine with people of all ages, but It is lovely to be surrounded with people of my general age and life experience.

Gracie and Susan....trust me...I LOVE to be in the mix of many age ranges...one lady, who I counted as one of my dearest friends, was 103 when she passed. Age is not the issue.

I do have a daughter and while she can not go to TV Charter School...(as I do not work for TV's yet)....I don't always like people MY age....or atleast some of them.....

Truly I am looking for people between 34-50 who have decided to live in this wonderful place...for whatever reason....

I chose to live here for the same reasons you all did...the nightly entertainment, the beauty, the golf, the love of people...no matter the age....

I was just interested if there were any other younger people here that LOVE being here....that is all....my guess is that I am one of about 6-10 and I am fine with that....

Please don't take it wrong!! :'(

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Hi Cassie: How did you get into The Villages with a daughter young enough to go to the charter school? I have a friend who was interested in moving to TV who has a son 16, and she was told the minimum age for child residents is 19. Is that faulty info? By the way, where did you end up sending your daughter to school?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy
Hi Cassie: How did you get into The Villages with a daughter young enough to go to the charter school? I have a friend who was interested in moving to TV who has a son 16, and she was told the minimum age for child residents is 19. Is that faulty info? By the way, where did you end up sending your daughter to school?

We own inside TV's but we also rent a condo outside TV's as well. She attends Carver Middle School in Leesburg...we are in Lake County and that is where they go....

Your friend would have to live just outside TV's if she has a 16 year old son....the age is indeed 19.....

There are many new areas in TV's and just outside that are nice...she will just want to check out the schools first...I would be more than happy to talk to you or her about what we found....send me a PM...if you want.

Suzy Toronto
Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan&Tom
I totally relate to wanting to meet some people who have chosen to live in TV, but have circumstances similar to yours. We all seek out people who understand the stage of life we are in...such as having younger children, working, your generation's distinctive characteristics like music, experiences, etc.

Isn't this one of the reasons so many of us desire The Villages? To be with others who "get" our stage in life...Teenagers locked in a more mature version of our former physical selves?

Good luck Cassie hope you find some friends your age. You know where I might want to look if I were you is at the parents of the children your daughters age...especially if she goes to The Villages School.
Ok...so I thought I would verify my position in looking or establishing an under 50 club. I went to a pool party at the complex we rent in....(outside the villages) with my daughter today. While the place is beautiful and the pool is great.....I realized that I LOVE TV's when they started playing LOUD RAP TYPE MUSIC. When one listens to TV's station every day or ABBA, Carpenters, John Denver type music....well this kind of "music" does not sit well with me.

Neither did the people...granted all my age....but not my 'type" of people....

I have decided to forget the under 50 crowd....I don't really like them I need to sleep there and work there....but I will PLAY in TV's and live here full time eventually....

I have decided instead that I am really 50+ in a 34 year old body. Please don't shut me out because of my age....I need to be in TV's!!! I am even letting my hair start to gray just a little!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Joan53

HI. I am a few years older than 50 and also moved to the Villages a year ago. I was looking for a beautiful home to work out of (still work full time) and a safe and friendly atmosphere. If you find others, I would be interested with joining a group.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Gold member

Would ya let me in if I feel under 5O? I bet a club like this would generate lot of interest... BUT... imagine how sad members would be on their 50th birthday... getting booted outta the club.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

You also have Bison Valley, owned by The Villages for family's across from the Charter High School.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.