Under 50 Club?

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

As one of the "Old Fogies" around here, I wonder whether an Under 50 Club would come equipped with chaperones?????

SWR
Old 10-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Platinum member

I can't believe this thread was brought back to life! LOL!

I have decided that I just should not regularly associate with anyone under the age of 34....and even then....it is a little scary. Perhaps I am odd...well I know that I am....but I think we should just love everyone....well over 34....strange number I know...but I want to be included.

There are many wonderful people here of all ages...I think we should just all be in "the club" if we are decent, caring, loving, responsible human beings....

Therefore I do not want an under 50 club....so anyone can join the non-club!

Hhhmmmm....did that make sense? I know it was mushy....but did it make sense?

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
I can't believe this thread was brought back to life! LOL!

I have decided that I just should not regularly associate with anyone under the age of 34....and even then....it is a little scary. Perhaps I am odd...well I know that I am....but I think we should just love everyone....well over 34....strange number I know...but I want to be included.

There are many wonderful people here of all ages...I think we should just all be in "the club" if we are decent, caring, loving, responsible human beings....

Therefore I do not want an under 50 club....so anyone can join the non-club!

Hhhmmmm....did that make sense? I know it was mushy....but did it make sense?
Actually there is a lot of this that doesn't make sense!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Cassie, I have a question. You state you have 2 residences. One is in TV and the other a condo outside TV. I can understand 2 residences because I have two.

My question is:
Why 2 residences so close together...within a few miles of each other? Is it so you can legally claim the one outside TV as your permanent residence in order to send your underaged child to school yet take advantage of TV's amenities?
Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
Cassie, I have a question. You state you have 2 residences. One is in TV and the other a condo outside TV. I can understand 2 residences because I have two.

My question is:
Why 2 residences so close together...within a few miles of each other? Is it so you can legally claim the one outside TV as your permanent residence in order to send your underaged child to school yet take advantage of TV's amenities?
Bright....actually you are right...sort of...

We LOVE TV's....and my life partner is "of age" so legally we are fine to live in TV's....BUT we do have a child...11 years old....SO....we LIVE outside of TV's and VISIT the home inside when it is ok to do. My partner is in TV's everyday but we all sleep at the condo....I come in for work or play during the day....but the "poor" child rarely sees TV's....unless we take a quick golf cart ride into the square etc....before leaving the bubble as we call it.

Most of our day to day lives are just outside....as it should be....but we (Sue and I) enjoy TV's daily....

Hard concept I know....but we do obey the covenants we signed....and hire babysitters etc...when we want to enjoy the night life or "freedom".

Hope this clarifies....occasionally we bring our daughter into town but rarely as there is homework and kids stuff to be done.....

She loves it here and respects "her elders" as she puts it....she actually has said in the past that children over 8yrs old should have to take a test in order to be here.....a kindness test....

I am not sure where she came from...she was meant to live in this area...loves TV's and thinks it a real treat to come into visit.

Again...hope this clarifies....

PS...we use the pools occasionally here with her...but we have a FAB pool and kid stuff where we are...."on the outside".

Mostly I use them and Sue uses the golf courses.....

Suzy Toronto

Last edited by Cassie325; 10-22-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Actually there is a lot of this that doesn't make sense!
Bogie...I am sorry if you don't understand my post....I think if you read the other post's in this thread you may....when I first moved to the area...I was hoping to find some other people "under 50" that have chosen to live here. As I think you may know this is typically a retirement community...but there are several people here that have either retired early or work here while enjoying TV's life.

Once I got to know some of the "younger" people in the area....not necessarily TV's....I realized that it just doens't matter what age one is....as long as they are good people....

SO....I decided not to pursue a younger (under 50) crowd and be-friend those around me, at any age, that are good human beings...and worth pursuing friendships with.

Does this help?? Sorry...I know I "talk" a lot!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie325 View Post
Bright....actually you are right...sort of...

We LOVE TV's....and my life partner is "of age" so legally we are fine to live in TV's....BUT we do have a child...11 years old....SO....we LIVE outside of TV's and VISIT the home inside when it is ok to do. My partner is in TV's everyday but we all sleep at the condo....I come in for work or play during the day....but the "poor" child rarely sees TV's....unless we take a quick golf cart ride into the square etc....before leaving the bubble as we call it.

Most of our day to day lives are just outside....as it should be....but we (Sue and I) enjoy TV's daily....

Hard concept I know....but we do obey the covenants we signed....and hire babysitters etc...when we want to enjoy the night life or "freedom".

Hope this clarifies....occasionally we bring our daughter into town but rarely as there is homework and kids stuff to be done.....

She loves it here and respects "her elders" as she puts it....she actually has said in the past that children over 8yrs old should have to take a test in order to be here.....a kindness test....

I am not sure where she came from...she was meant to live in this area...loves TV's and thinks it a real treat to come into visit.

Again...hope this clarifies....

PS...we use the pools occasionally here with her...but we have a FAB pool and kid stuff where we are...."on the outside".

Mostly I use them and Sue uses the golf courses.....
Cassie,
You explain this very well and I think you made a wise investment for your future (much better than the stock market at this point). You and Sue were smart to purchase your second property within TV so that the resident amenities are yours to enjoy now and in the future.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Gold member

Cassie I am confused. You wrote in another thread and I quote

"I would think you could go get the baby an "in-area" guest pass...this allows them to use the amenities with the resident 365 days a year....not that the baby is going to use any of the amenities...but she would be "covered"!!!

It sounded to me like this is how your daughter is able to visit TV so frequently. I think you also said that your neighbors understand your situation ....

You are the first person who has mentioned an "in-area" guest pass. How does one get this? I am sure others would like to be able to get this type of pass.

Please let us all know, so that if we need one we can get one also.

HB
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Cassie,

My son, daughter-in-law, and toddler grandson live in Leesburg. Does this mean I can get them an "in area" guest pass for 365 days a year?

Does this mean my son and family could enjoy the same amenities I do free of charge just because they are my family?

You have totally confused me with your post.

I was told differently when I went to apply for a guest pass for them.

When I went to get a pass for them I was asked where they lived because I was told there was a distance limit...if they lived too close then they weren't allowed to get a guest pass. I was told that The Villages does not want family who lives close to be able to enjoy the same amenities I do.

So, I'd like to know what this "in area" pass is that you talk about. I want to know where I go to get one.

I want to know if it's okay to use your name as a reference if I try to apply again.

Or...have I misunderstood what you wrote? If so, please advise.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post
Cassie I am confused. You wrote in another thread and I quote

"I would think you could go get the baby an "in-area" guest pass...this allows them to use the amenities with the resident 365 days a year....not that the baby is going to use any of the amenities...but she would be "covered"!!!

It sounded to me like this is how your daughter is able to visit TV so frequently. I think you also said that your neighbors understand your situation ....

You are the first person who has mentioned an "in-area" guest pass. How does one get this? I am sure others would like to be able to get this type of pass. Someone PLEASE show our friend HB the threads!!Please let us all know, so that if we need one we can get one also.

HB

OH...HB...I am not the first one to mention the in-area guest pass....actually there have been many, many debates in regards to this both on TOTV and in TV's....I do not deny the fact that she has one....it just makes it easier if we want to "hang out" at one of the CC pools with her on a weekend once in a while...my daughter would be able to visit in TV's according to the rules BUT....we do not need to do that as we have provided other amentities for her.

Anyone that OWNS in TV's and has a child or grandchild in-area (tri-county within 50 mile radius) can access this pass...atleast they can right now....

While we are allowed to do this....we CHOOSE to live our normal lives...and utilize TV's guest pass allowances on "special" occassions...

Thanks for your interest....hopefully if you have children or grandchildren in the area you can access this special pass and bring them in once in a while....you could do it everyday according to the "rules"....but who has time for that??

I do KNOW that there are several threads that speak about this....many different opinions about it....worth looking them up....

As far as the baby is concerned....I actually stated that it would be easier on the neighbors and EVERYONE if Grandma went to their house....but that an "in-area" guest pass would "legally" cover her!!

I don't know what you would call frequent visits (maybe 1 or 2 times per month)....but people here that know me...really know me....know that we don't LIVE in TV's.....BUT we do OWN in TV's and pay ALL the same fees that you and everyone else do....and think it is worth EVERY penny!!!

Thanks again...this will be VERY helpful to all people with family in the area!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Cassie,

My son, daughter-in-law, and toddler grandson live in Leesburg. Does this mean I can get them an "in area" guest pass for 365 days a year?

Does this mean my son and family could enjoy the same amenities I do free of charge just because they are my family?

You have totally confused me with your post.

I was told differently when I went to apply for a guest pass for them.

When I went to get a pass for them I was asked where they lived because I was told there was a distance limit...if they lived too close then they weren't allowed to get a guest pass. I was told that The Villages does not want family who lives close to be able to enjoy the same amenities I do.

So, I'd like to know what this "in area" pass is that you talk about. I want to know where I go to get one.

I want to know if it's okay to use your name as a reference if I try to apply again.

Or...have I misunderstood what you wrote? If so, please advise.
Bright....as I just wrote to HB....and I KNOW there are other threads here....someone please show our friends the threads....but YES you (right now according to the rules) get your son, daughter, grandchildren in-area GUEST passes.....

They HAVE to be with you and you alone when they use the golf courses or pools or any other amenities....

I am sure sweetie that if you call TV's and request in-area guest passes for those particular people you should be able to....

in fact....if you are having a problem with it I am sure I can dig in TOTV to find where one of our other friends has posted the "rules".

I do know that these rules and/or link was posted here on TOTV...

Thanks again for your interest.....hope this helps you....but the best advice I can give your family is to find a nice family place that has amenities for the kids....and to come visit with their "in-area" passes when YOU want them to.....even if it is right next door near Walmart....

Suzy Toronto
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Cassie,

With all due respect and not with negative intentions I ask that you never ever again call me "sweetie".

It's not you...it's just a thing I have always had with anyone.

It offends me.

Thank you.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

An under 50's club will not fly here ....its a dumb idea, nobody wants to hang around with a bunch of kids...........

Decrepit fumar
Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Cassie,

With all due respect and not with negative intentions I ask that you never ever again call me "sweetie".

It's not you...it's just a thing I have always had with anyone.

It offends me.

Thank you.

Bright: No problem....with all due respect....just something that comes out of my mouth.....habit...so sorry no disrespect intended....

FUMAR....pls read the other threads posted today.....you will see that none is actually wanted and I was in error....several months ago! We live and learn!

Suzy Toronto

Last edited by Cassie325; 10-22-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: oops wrong name
Old 10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Cassie,

I'm NOT HB...I'm Brightspot01. I'm the one requesting you never ever again call me "sweetie".

Thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.