The Village Idiots

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Default The Village Idiots

Is the Villages Idiots Club still going?
We read an article about this club in one of the magazine a long time ago and it looked like a fun club to be are part of. The article was about giving useless gifts at Christmas time (saw article over a year ago)
We are interested in finding out more about this club if it is still active.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Sage
Default Re: The Village Idiots

Checkman,

I do believe "the village idiots" club is still in TV. From What I understand they go out to breakfast in their pajamas once or twice a month and other nonsencical activities.
I would check the Thursday recreation center news in the Daily Sun. They list all the clubs in TV and give info about them.
Hopefully some informed person on this board will come up with a link for this club.
For those of us that love to get a little wild and crazy from time to time , it sounds like alot of fun! :hot:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:54 AM

:joke:
Okay, I must admit, I am a member (not in good standing) of the Villages Idiots. We meet on the 1st of each month and we do go to breakfast in our PJs. There is usually a theme and we like to make hats out of the Daily Sun newspaper, according to that theme. If I can, I will try to post a picture. I can't remember where they are. :redface: I am such an idiot! There is usually a blurb in the Rec. news the week before the breakfast.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Sage

Gobarb,

We would love to see a picture! Cant wait to get back to TV and give the club a try as I feel I would fit right in!!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Platinum member

Go Barb, I think this club is a perfect fit for myself, also! Nonie, when you get here this will be something we can do, together!! We can be the TOTV idiots! Sure fits the nonsensical theme going on here lately..........Never Ending Story, dictionary, anti-glamour......hmmm not sure cause I'm a bit dumbfounded!! Does dumbfounded make me an idiot??!! I hope so! lol ......................Maybe we can play our KAZOOS, What do you think, Go Barb???? Idiocracy is my middle name!..Rokin Idiocracy Ronda
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 PM
mcelheny

Count me in with you Rokinronda and Nonie. I have already been to a few breakfasts. ;D
Old 06-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Count me in three! I keep saying this is a club I want to check out. I LOVE the idea of breakfast in jammies. Not so sure about the hats but that's cause I stink at origami and hats never fit anyway. Oh, well, I keep saying I'll try anything once.

Barb, you're going to have to be our hostess for this.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Time for Tee

To all of the future Village Idiots! We have been members since last fall. Christmas was fun but felt like a :joke: :joke: as it was at Katie B. in Spanish Springs and alot of new village people looking at us really strange. We handed candy out to them on the sidewalk. Am out of the loop for the summer since I am back in the North so do not know if they meet all year. They do not have a web page but the time and meeting place is in the Thur. rec. schedule. They do not have a meeting, roll call, or projects, or speakers! Just a Breakfast time with alot of crazy people. Some are really creative.
There was a large article in the V magazine I believe last Feb. or March with several pictures. My magazine is back in Fl. and I believe I have a couple of photos. If I can figure out how to post them I will. :dontknow:
Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

OH MY GAWD

I finally found a club! I live in my jammies at home and only change when I have to get out and about! But not on jammie breakfast morning. I LOVE IT!

Do I have to wear makeup and fix my hair? Hope not!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Sage

Bright,

I heard that a lot of the women go to the breakfasts with their hair in rollers! Just to add to the craziness!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Nonie

I don't wear rollers but perhaps I should cause my hair looks like I stuck my finger in an electric outlet when I wake up in the mornings...kinda like my avatar but 100 times worse!

Old 06-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Time for Tee

You would both fit right in with the mode. It is a funny story how this club got started. I do not want to ruin it but the one couple had a meeting UNDER the golf cart bridge. Guess they felt a true idiot would not have a REAL meeting place. When they made the announcement in the paper they did not think anyone would show up and Lo they had a room full of willing new members. Think they have 300 at last count with a average of 30 to 40 for breakfast give or take. People are worn out from dancing in the Squares for a early breakfast on Sat. I guess. 040 040
Old 06-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah HAH! A perfect club for me!
Old 06-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Sage

300 members????? Wow that just goes to show ya theres no shortage of idiots!

Any club started by two trolls under a bridge is my kinda club! 040

Old 06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

The Villages Florida

Can I join ?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.