Village Straight Shooters

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Gold member
Default Village Straight Shooters

The Village Straight Shooters will have another meeting at Sea Breeze Rec Center at 6 PM on Wednesday, February 16th.

This club is for folks that are interesting in shooting and shooting sports. Come and visit with other like minded folks. We have guest speakers and information on the shooting clubs in the local area. You can visit our website at VSSClub.org for more infromation.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
The Village Straight Shooters will have another meeting at Sea Breeze Rec Center at 6 PM on Wednesday, February 16th.

This club is for folks that are interesting in shooting and shooting sports. Come and visit with other like minded folks. We have guest speakers and information on the shooting clubs in the local area. You can visit our website at VSSClub.org for more infromation.
It's very possible that good friends of my wife and I will be moving to TV in the near future. The husband is an avid weapons enthusiast and has some of the same qualifications you possess, and runs the show at a gun club and range in Northern NJ. I'm positive he'll want to meet you and check out your club when and if it all works out. As he's a good friend of mine, I'll most likely become involved myself. I've never belonged to an organized group, but would be interested if my friend does arrive here.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Richielion, all are welcome. We stress safety in all aspects of our sport as well as having loads of fun and learning how to shoot. You and your friend would be most welcome and if and when he moves down this way if he would like to instruct I can help him get his instructors permit. It ain't fun and takes lots of time and of course money.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Gold member

If your friend is looking for a club with a good outdoor practice range then here are the two I belong to:

Ocala Sportsman's Association Handguns and 22 rifles only. Paper targets only. Very security concious with lights and procedures for running a hot/cold system.

Eustis Gun Club Much bigger range that supports every type of firearm except fully automatic. Has extensive skeet, trap and sporting clays facilities. In addition to the regular paper target ranges for hand and long guns, they have 5 pocket berms that allow metal target plinking with 22 cal. hand guns. And once a month the “Lake County Pistoleros” sponsor a SASS match at the club's cowboy stagefront.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post

Could you please clarify the date....February 16th is a Thursday, not a Wednesday. I am looking forward to it.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Gold member

My bad, Thrusday, February 16th. Fingers got ahead of my brain. Seems that I was a name day behind the times and right on the number of the day. So it's Thrusday for sure, the 16th of February. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.