Vintage Car Repairs

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Default Vintage Car Repairs

I would like to know where one would work on their vintage car (restoration) in TV? I'm not talking about minor repairs but full restoration rebuilding. Are there any shops in the area that people can either rent space or buy space to work on their cars? Is there anyone out there that feels a need for such a shop? What about a restoration club where all car lovers get together to talk about the love of old cars? Also does anyone know where there may be a junk yard within the area of TV? Thank you all so much for any info you can supply..Inquiring for my husband, not yet living in TV but someday will be.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Default 3rd Saturday-Spanish Springs

Attend the classic car show in Spanish Springs every third Saturday. Lots of pre 1979 vehicles will be there. You should get excellent info from several different car folks.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:55 AM

We will do that and I thank you for your response...
Old 04-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scs1224 View Post
I would like to know where one would work on their vintage car (restoration) in TV? I'm not talking about minor repairs but full restoration rebuilding. Are there any shops in the area that people can either rent space or buy space to work on their cars? Is there anyone out there that feels a need for such a shop? What about a restoration club where all car lovers get together to talk about the love of old cars? Also does anyone know where there may be a junk yard within the area of TV? Thank you all so much for any info you can supply..Inquiring for my husband, not yet living in TV but someday will be.
Bill Horne does work for many of the members of the Villages Vintage Car Club,
Including myself:

His information is:

B Streetrods Welding 352-314-0155
Contact Person: Bill Horne
Fruitland Park

You can get information on the club at:
http://www.thevillagesvintagecarclub.org/index.htm
Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Default June Car Show

Wife and I will not be in TV until June. We will be at the June car show in Spanish Springs. If you are there come up and introduce yourself. I'll have on a yellow LSU baseball cap.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:02 PM

SCS1224
I have a very simular issue. We are also part timers as we still work and live in Georgia. We do have a small shop in Georgia that I do restoration work when time permits. Unfortunately, time is hard to come by. My thoughts are - when I am retired full-time that is one of the things that I would enjoy doing. I have looked around the outside of the Villages to try and find a shop to keep some of my cars and shop tools. In the past over a long time span, I have done different makes and models. But for now I am just trying to finish some early model Mustangs before we come down full-time. I also enjoyed the hunt in the junk yards and swap meets to find the correct needed parts to complete a project. But due to time constraints over the last 10 years, I find using ebay and Craig's List saves me a lot of time. I am sure there are others like us that have the same interest. I believe in time we will find an empty shop down there that need some classics that are in need of some TLC. The only issue is each time I am in the Villages, it is so nice with so much to do I am not sure if I will have any more time to do any restoration work. LOL
Take care, Ronnie

Village of Duval
Old 04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Default May car show

Is the May car show the 15th or 22?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats12470 View Post
Is the May car show the 15th or 22?
Third Sat of the month 5/15
Old 04-30-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaZen View Post
Wife and I will not be in TV until June. We will be at the June car show in Spanish Springs. If you are there come up and introduce yourself. I'll have on a yellow LSU baseball cap.
Blazen,
I am sorry to say we will not be there in June. However, we will be there in May and will attend the car show at that time. Plan on asking many questions and looking forward to meeting car club members...Hope to meet you and your wife in the near future..Thanks..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.