We want to hear about your club or organization

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Founder
Default We want to hear about your club or organization

With thousands of people belonging to hundreds of clubs in The Villages, there's lots to talk about. You can post general topics about clubs here. In the forums above, talk about you specific club. Post current information, tell people how to reach you, find new members and more. This is your place for "real time" conversation about your organization.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Default Re: We want to hear about your club or organization

The Villages Deep Sea Fishing Club. Want to go deep sea fishing in the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico? Join the Club for only $5.00 annual dues. Visit our website at: www.deepseafishingclub.org. We meet the first Saturday of every month at 9:00 am at the Paradise Center. We provide all kinds of fishing opportunities including 6-pack sport fishing, deep sea bottom fishing, pontoon boat fishing in the flats/rivers, pier fishing. You must be a village resident to join.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Founder

Hey RPSGVS

I visited your web site and we would love to make Talk of The Villages your official forum for interactive chat. We will put a special Deep Sea Fishing Club forum here, and all you have to do is put a link from your site to your forum here. It's easy and lots of fun for you. :bigthumbsup:

Old 12-05-2006, 04:15 PM

Jan, I tried looking for the nomads but could not find any listing for them or any pics :dontknow:
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydube
Jan, I tried looking for the nomads but could not find any listing for them or any pics :dontknow:
Bill,
We determined that our web site was far too complicated for most people. So, we are streamlining it and we have moved the Nomad post and pictures to the General discussion page. We are going to put the Nomad link on the Home page.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:45 PM

The Nomads have their own web site you can visit and keep up to date with current events. www.thevillagenomads.com
Old 12-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Founder

In fact, you'll find a link to the Nomads web site on the home page of Talk of the Villages. It is on the lower left column.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

I posted some info on another section about a Brand new Chapter of the Red Hat Society and wondered if you could make a link for it? so that when people first log on they could see Red Hat Ladies of The Night and click it o get info to join? The Queen Mom created this chapter thinking ..working people cant always go to lunch and most of the Chapters do stuff in daytime..this group will do their stuff evenings or weekends....whatever suits most
Thank
Old 01-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Founder

Can you give us the info on the website (url) we'd be happy to link to it. We also would not be offended if you would put a link to us from your site.

If you could send me some pictures of your meeting, I will be happy to post them here. Anything we can do to help is the reason we are here ;D
Old 01-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

Well www.redhatsociety.com
is the main link for all the RED HAT Chapters..and there are alot of Chapters in the Villages ...so what one does is
go to that link..click on left CHAPTER SEARCH and then put in your zip code..and UP come all Chapters in Villages
The one Im referring to is Red Hat Ladies of The Night
it does not have its own URL...it is a brand new group which means all who join it...wont feel like new kids on block because we are ALL new.......and unique..because we will be getting together in evenings..maybe once a month ...maybe more depending on what everyone wants........Queen Mom MaryAnn Murphy will be advertising it on TV this weekend
Old 02-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Police and Fire Retirees Club of The Villages is open to any retired Police or Fire Personnel living in The Villages. We meet the first Tuesday of the month, 7 PM at LaHacienda rec center. For information you can go to the club's web site - http://www.policeandfireretireesclub.us - or come to the next meeting on April 3rd.
Thanks,
Lyn Lobdell
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 AM

Great Idea to set up a page of links for clubs in The Villages!
Don't forget The Villages Photograpy Club at
www.thevillagesphotoclub.org

We meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at La Hacienda Center at 1 pm. Beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers are welcome.

I will ask our web mistress to insert a link on our site to TOTV.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM

We have a new ma and pa golf scramble in the summer only. Afterwards we have pot luck at Odell Rec Center. You do not have to play every week. It is held on Saturday afternoon and the pot luck at night. You play with your partner/spouse every week and one other couple. Each week you play with someone new. You eat with your same foursome. It is $5.00 per person and all money left over at the end of September we have a free catered meal and free golfing with prizes to use all the money left over. We play executive courses usually Bogart/Bacall, Truman/Roosevelt, Sandhill,Turtelmound. Anyone interested call 352 391 9769 and ask for Denny or Cookie.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

This thread began almost three years ago, yet has very little stuff in it!

My street (16 houses on a cul-de-sac) has a monthly party, regardless of who's in town, who's not. Sometimes it's a "y'all bring something" kind of thing, sometimes we "cater" something (sandwiches, pizza, stuff like that) and pay $5-$10 per person. And, we occasionally "eat out" at greater expense. (Early December in Mount Dora; earlier this month at Olive Garden). We always have great fun. Part of our success, I'm sure, is that all but one couple arrived within two-three months of each other, so had an early bonding time as we sorted out where to go to buy this or get that or whom to call to do this or that! This was well before TOTV and its huge panel of advisors!

I like to tell people who have never heard of The Villages, or who have a hard time envisioning what all us old people do all the time, that I'll bet that if they collect "pink buttons," we could easily find enough other pink button collectors to form a regular club!

And, I think I'm not all that far from the truth!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.