Wine Tasting Club

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM

I would love to go...I like to drink wine, I hate buying a bottle & not liking it, this is a good way to try it out first. I need to expand on my wine drinking! Please let us know when & where! I can brink friends that i know who like wine too!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:48 PM

We would also be interested in joining in. Please let us know when this gets started. We can even help with planning if needed.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Default Wine Tasting

I'm interested.
Is anyone going to start?
Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 AM

If I was to start a wine tasting club, what would you like the meetings to consist of ???
- Different wines to try?
- People coming in to talk about wines?
- go on Winery trips
- would you like a membership fee (for cups, cheese, crackers...etc)

If so...what name would like the club to be called???
If I get enough people interested, I will start one with your help!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBellis View Post
If I was to start a wine tasting club, what would you like the meetings to consist of ???
- Different wines to try?
- People coming in to talk about wines?
- go on Winery trips
- would you like a membership fee (for cups, cheese, crackers...etc)

If so...what name would like the club to be called???
If I get enough people interested, I will start one with your help!
MLB:

Different wines to taste? Yes

People coming in to talk about wines? Yes

Go on winery trips? Yes

Membership fee? Depends. Some (many) clubs survive quite well on just selling 50/50 tickets each meeting. Others collect an annual dues of something minimal (like $5 or possibly $10). And, of course, modest fees for each meeting can work well!

Club name? "The Villages Winos" comes to mind!

My younger daughter and her husband attend wine-tasting events almost every weekend and consider themselves quite knowledgeable oenologists, so it would be fun to have them come join us.

Look forward to your club!

SWR
Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 AM

Catholic Charities of Central Florida is having a Wine Tasting Benefit on Wednesday, August 29th at City Fire in Sumter Landing. Tickets are $25.00ea or $40/per couple. Let me know if you or your group would be interested in attending and I can send you further details. There will be a silent auction and raffle as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Default wine tasting group

Lets us know, we love the idea.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 AM

Catholic Charities of Central Florida is having a Wine Tasting Benefit on Wednesday, August 29th at City Fire in Sumter Landing. Tickets are $25.00ea or $40/per couple. Let me know if you or your group would be interested in attending and I can send you further details. There will be a silent auction and raffle as well.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Veteran member
Default Club Not Successful

As you know the original posting was sometime back and someone in Pennecamp tried to start a club. I believe they met once in mid 2011. I could't make that one but unfortunately the second get together never materialized. When we were back in November, we tried to check what happened but never was successful. We went to one session run by a wine guru the club of which appeared in Rec Bulletin but that was it. Except for the guru, this was basically a beginners session though we enjoyed nevertheless. Having said this, we are interested in wine tasting club, not the one mentioned in "Leisureville". If someone can take the bull by the horn and start one, we'll join. Although I am no expert, I enjoy teaching beginners how to enjoy wine. Since there seem to be sommeliers and other knowledgable group also, we could have two different sessions. If no one starts, we could start one when we are back in November. PM me if you are interested.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

There is a club called "Wine Talk" It meets the 2nd Thurs of the month at Bacall Rec Center.
It is run by Giorgio Masini 352-430-0026. I am not a member so I can't give you any more info but you might want to call to see if you would be interested.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Guru

Cathyw. Thanks. That's the guru i mentioned in my previious post. It is for beginners but it is still Intersting. Apparently, originally they were doing things differently but the Rec Center does not allow whatever they were doing so beginning end last year they changed the format. If I recall, they had about 50-70 people. If we are to start our own, we should do it at our home initially with a small group and expand from there, novice and another one for advanced.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.