Wine Tasting Club

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Default Wine Tasting Club

Thanks for the post regarding business vs. fun... Yes, you are correct, we have a business and you can find out what we do by clicking on the ad. BUT, this is not for business purposes, it's for fun and our business will NOT be promoted. To me wine is a fascinating luxury and I know other people feel the same, so why not get together and share finds and each others company.
I agree, life's too short to drink cheep wine... Love it...

Thanks again, Rick
Old 03-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32sips View Post
Thanks for the post regarding business vs. fun... Yes, you are correct, we have a business and you can find out what we do by clicking on the ad. BUT, this is not for business purposes, it's for fun and our business will NOT be promoted. To me wine is a fascinating luxury and I know other people feel the same, so why not get together and share finds and each others company.
I agree, life's too short to drink cheep wine... Love it...

Thanks again, Rick
Nice post Rick. I'm sure it takes a lot of know-how to present a good wine tasting event. ie: vintage, the type of grapes,the region, winery, etc. I am a newbie here and have not necessarily made hard and fast friends "yet". This is a wonderful venue for people with similar wine interests to get together with someone that can do a good presentation. Since you have a business, I'm sure you have the know-how. We lived in Sonoma County and also had access to the wineries in Napa County. We had opportunities to go to the Sonoma County Harvest fairs which always had hundreds of wine booths featured with judgings. It was SO fun. That is definitely a part of California that I miss in my life, but now, TV is simply a different chapter. Why not incorporate the best of both worlds? I'm really ready to make some friends but have been too busy getting moved into our house. I'm READY to taste, laugh and have rosy cheeks. Taste on!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM

Ah, wine tasting club - now that is right up my alley! When we visited over the Christmas holidays we went to Flats for wine down Wednesday. Or maybe I should say "I" went and the other half met me after a while. They had the best Carmenere I have tasted in a long time!

We frequent a local wine store here in NH that has wine tastings every Thursday and Saturday. We used to go 2-3 times a month, but things have been so crazy lately that we haven't been there for several months. The owner used to joke and say that I belonged to the ABC (Anything But Chardonnay!) club. But seriously, I really enjoy red wines the most - Cab, Carmenere and Zin (and not that nasty pink stuff!). Once in a great while I would find a crisp white that I knew I would like chilled (Iced cold!) when it was hot out.

Kim
Now that I know we are definately moving to TV I am willing to write instead of just lurking!

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Default wine club

Has this club formed yet?
I'm interested.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Sage

If you quote the "wine tasting" section of the book "Leisureville", I'm sure you'll get a bigger response.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Default Now that's funny O don't care who you are!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
If you quote the "wine tasting" section of the book "Leisureville", I'm sure you'll get a bigger response.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wada3496 View Post
Has this club formed yet?
I'm interested.
I'm here now and ready to taste and learn and meet new friends......so am also wondering if it has formed. I love wine but know next to nothing about it but would love to learn.

Suzanne
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,589 Times in 1,331 Posts

As a sommelier i would want to know if the club is just for fun or a real wine tasting club. If you are using a business then no because they are just selling you they wine. The best way to start a wine club is every one bring a bottle at a set price, bag, it and give everyone tasting notes. Then you can learn many new things about wine and try wines you would not buy.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Default Working or Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
As a sommelier i would want to know if the club is just for fun or a real wine tasting club. If you are using a business then no because they are just selling you they wine. The best way to start a wine club is every one bring a bottle at a set price, bag, it and give everyone tasting notes. Then you can learn many new things about wine and try wines you would not buy.
Asianthree are you currently working as a sommelier near the TV, if so where? Hard to find a good list down there, or are you retired? I am in the wine business in TN. and recently brought a house in TV. Would love to know there are some corkdorks in TV other than just me!! Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Default It seems a long time since someone posted here, so is there a wine club or not?

We are there on and off through out the year. We love wine and would like to join a wine club. I just finished my intermediate sommelier course. But the more I learn the more I know what I don't know. And it is really all about training the taste buds. SO we are ready for some training. If there is not an active club and someone wants to help me start one I we could work on that together.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I don't think we are exactly on the same page, but here goes. We're moving full-time to TV this summer. We have been making our own wines for many years and are wondering if there are other home wine-makers at TV. Can't decide whether to transport all those jugs, bottles, equipment. Also don't know if the climate there is cool enough to ferment properly.

We have attended many, many wine-tastings and, as a rule, find them too "serious" for our tastes. We definitely don't advocate a drunken brawl, but do enjoy the type of tastings that enable pleasant conversation among the tasters. Nothing against you "serious" tasters, enjoy doing your own thing.

So, if any wine-makers out there, give us a buzz!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Default We re interested too.

Let us know when and where we are also interested. We will be there full time as of the 18 of this month.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Gold member

Would be interested. You should start a list of all of us who are interested and when you are ready to go "club" let us know. I think you would have a good response.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM

We would be interested, especially since it sounds like there are several other newbies interested as well. Some of the older clubs are hard to get into because of numbers, waiting lists, etc. let us know when it will start and where.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Since we have no idea when the sale here will happen,but want to get there cannot commit. As soon as we are,a wine tasting group Is towards the top of the list of social groups we would love to join. We were part of 2great ones in CA years ago and 2 ridiculous ones in GA over the last several years. So, guess we know the good and bad! Will look for you when we get there, good luck with all of this.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.