Windows 10 Advice needed

Windows 10 Advice needed

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Windows 10 on is a good operating system I have been using it on 6 machines all upgrades for up to almost a year now. Love it.

On a new machine Windows 10 is a very OS and should not cause you the problems that you have heard about with upgrades.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

I love Windows 10! It is a different tool bar, but very user friendly. The printer screen shows up when you click the top right icon beside the Skype icon. Just a sample of the difference.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2016, 07:58 AM

Having worked on a lot of different systems since 1969, including IBM mainframes, one of the first IBM PCs, Apple IIs, a whole bunch of stuff nobody ever heard of, I discovered the Chromebook while working for Best Buy. I use it 99.99% of the time. I do use a laptop for Quicken and Turbo Tax, but in a few years I won't need either and won't need a PC. The Chromebook can't use Windows programs, but 99.99% of the time I do stuff on the web, FB, Email, Banking , etc.

The Chromebook, starts up in about 15 seconds, the operating system updates, if needed, when you start it up. Since it downs loads the system from the Google web site you never get a virus.

It comes with "Docs" which can read Word docs, "Sheets" for Excel and something for Powerpoint.

Your files are stored on Google Drive. If you lose your Chromebook, no problem, get a new one, sign in and your back where you were.

One problem, it only uses a wireless printer (or one that goes though a PC like I do, because I'm too cheap to buy a new one right now).

I go to the Villages Computer Club and hear story after story from people trying to deal with Windows, don't bother, get a Chromebook and make your life easier.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Gold member

I did the upgrade from 7 to 10 with no issues at all. Now that I am comfortable with it I like it. Mostly I use my MacBook Air though.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Having worked on a lot of different systems since 1969, including IBM mainframes, one of the first IBM PCs, Apple IIs, a whole bunch of stuff nobody ever heard of, I discovered the Chromebook while working for Best Buy. I use it 99.99% of the time. I do use a laptop for Quicken and Turbo Tax, but in a few years I won't need either and won't need a PC. The Chromebook can't use Windows programs, but 99.99% of the time I do stuff on the web, FB, Email, Banking , etc.

The Chromebook, starts up in about 15 seconds, the operating system updates, if needed, when you start it up. Since it downs loads the system from the Google web site you never get a virus.

It comes with "Docs" which can read Word docs, "Sheets" for
Excel and something for Powerpoint.

Your files are stored on Google Drive. If you lose your Chromebook, no problem, get a new one, sign in and your back where you were.

One problem, it only uses a wireless printer (or one that goes though a PC like I do, because I'm too cheap to buy a new one
right now).

I go to the Villages Computer Club and hear story after story from people trying to deal with Windows, don't bother, get a Chromebook and make your life easier.
I installed Chrome as a web browser which is much faster then the Microsoft Edge. How do we get Chromebook?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:22 AM
Gold member

Upgraded from 7 to 10 on my desktop, gamer computer, too many problems so I took it off. That was when it first came out. Re -installed it this week with no problems. I do use a chromebook for all my computing and love it. Have kept the desktop as a reminder of the old computer days and windows.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Sage

Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
I installed Chrome as a web browser which is much faster then the Microsoft Edge. How do we get Chromebook?
You buy one:
The 10 Best Chromebooks of 2016 | PCMag.com

Closed Thread

Tags
windows, problems, return, computer, f4280