Android phone, 6.0.1, Marshmallow Version, need help moving videos to SD card

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2018, 07:51 AM
Sage
Default Android phone, 6.0.1, Marshmallow Version, need help moving videos to SD card

Android phone, 6.0.1, Marshmallow Version, need help moving videos to SD card

I was hoping I could connect my phone to my windows 8 laptop and using windows explorer move the photos and videos. The laptop does not recognize the phone.

I'm looking for advice from someone who has moved files from the internal storage of the phone to an external SD card. My phone has an SD slot. I have a lot of photos and videos of my grandson.

Is there an Android file managing App you are happy with?

thank-you in advance

[ windows file explorer is now working and i moved photos and videos to the laptop]

Last edited by tomwed; 05-03-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:02 AM
fw102807

Are you connecting with USB? When I hooked my android phone up to my Windows 7 desktop it automatically installed the drivers and I was able to copy and move my files. The other alternative is you can email them to yourself.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Are you connecting with USB? When I hooked my android phone up to my Windows 7 desktop it automatically installed the drivers and I was able to copy and move my files. The other alternative is you can email them to yourself.
I wasn't patient. I guessed it wasn't working when in fact it might have been loading.
Would you know how to make my sd card my default location for whatsapp photos and videos?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I wasn't patient. I guessed it wasn't working when in fact it might have been loading.
Would you know how to make my sd card my default location for whatsapp photos and videos?
Nope, you'd have to Google that
Old 05-03-2018, 11:51 AM

The youtube below might help:

How to move Photos and Videos to your SD card on Android Marshmallow tablet or phones. - YouTube
Old 05-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneroses View Post
thank-you
I have decided to move these "can't loose" videos and pictures to my laptop and in the cloud too. Now that that's working it's easy. I deleted the media on the phone for extra space but I still want to find out if I can make my SD card the default memory.

I don't want to monkey around too much because I don't want any trouble with my movie pass. I heard bad things about their support.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, videos, card, android, windows

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.