Any favorite streaming tv service? (circa early 2021)

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kruger View Post
We use Sling. It works well and has all of the channels except local, which we use an antenna for. It’s literally half the cost of YouTube TV(who keep raising their prices)
We have YouTube TV, which is much more expensive than it used to be. The unlimited DVR is nice with YouTube TV, but the user interface is lousy! You have to search for programs you recorded by name. There’s no recorded programs list you can scroll through. A very poorly designed user interface! I’ll look at SlingTV again.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:34 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default sportz tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies2 View Post
We're ditching AT&T tv service (streaming) and like some sports channels. Wondering what streaming options would allow us to get ESPN, FS1, Golf channel & Tennis channel. Like not having a contract.

Anyone have a favorite? Many new options but we'd like to know what others think of each service, their customer service, features, etc.

Love to hear from you.

Thanks!
try sportz tv, $9.95/mth for over 4,000 channels, all local, all sports, all entertainment and many more.
1st you don't need a smart tv to use firestick. Just a tv with a HDMI input (most tv's from last 5-7 years have this).

For xfinity you will need a different netgear router if you want to hook up your landline. That requires a Netgear c7100V walmart had it on sale now for $160.00 (NETGEAR C7100V-100NAR (C7100V-100NAS) Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo For Xfinity by Comcast Internet - Supports Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps AC1900 WiFi speed (Manufacturer Refurbished) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com). with no landline a Netgear c7000 router will work (around $125)

Service call is $35 for 1st 30 minutes, then $17.50 each 15 minutes. See attached fee schedule. any questions feel free to call or email or text me.

Normal installation for 1 tv and firestick runs between 1.5 to 2 hours or $140.00. If router needs to be setup that would be approximately an additional $70.00.

Things to do before I arrive.

1. know your wi-fi password and network name (should be what your currently connected to)

2. know your Amazon login and password

3. Know your cable company login and password.

Thanks for the inquiry.

After startup exenses you will only be paying for your wi-fi and $9,95/mth-$27.95/mth for your streaming service.

Let me know if interested
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dalton Consulting Services 2021.1.pdf (7.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 02-25-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
We're ditching AT&T tv service (streaming) and like some sports channels. Wondering what streaming options would allow us to get ESPN, FS1, Golf channel & Tennis channel. Like not having a contract.

Anyone have a favorite? Many new options but we'd like to know what others think of each service, their customer service, features, etc.

Love to hear from you.

Thanks!
We recently found Gen2TV provider with SoPlayer streaming program. If you have a smart tv SoPlayer should be in your apps. Gen2TV has hundreds and hundreds of tv shows, movies, local channels and sports. We were able to watch the Cowboys whole season which we couldn't on DirectTV without paying $220 a month. Gen2TV has no contracts and is $29 a month. If you don't like it, you don't have to renew. We were watching Outlander on Netflix and finished season 4. Netflix does not have season 5 yet. We went to Gen2TV and bamm!! There it is! Season 5. I was soooo happy!! lol You can buy the program online and it gives you instructions as to how to set it up.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:28 AM
Gold member

I have Netflix and Prime, and when Netflix recently notified me of a price increase, it made me think about how little I use it. Frankly, I very seldom watch a movie, as I find most movies boring or they make little sense. So this is my last month with Netflix. Not worth almost $20 a month.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Default out door antennas

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandch View Post
I also use Sling with an OTA antenna for locals. Many options and combinations of channels to suit your needs. Basic package is $35/mo.
what is OTA ?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:44 AM

Which OTA do you have and how good is the quality?
Old 02-25-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
YouTube TV is probably the most popular service.

I would suggest going to the website "suppose.tv". You can select all of the channels you want and the site will list every streaming service that you need to get those channels and the cost. It is a very useful website.
The supply.tv website is a great tool. Thanks for noting it.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:21 AM

YouTubeTV. It has all the channels we want.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:28 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:

Love to hear from you.

Thanks!
I have been with DirectTV Now since it's inception, now ATT Now. I have tried them all -YouTube, Sling, even Playstation. Nothing gets you the variety of the ATT Now platform. I carry a Firestick with me where ever I travel so I always have my stations and my DVR stuff to play. Only time it gets funky is when I go to Europe or Asia - then I have to use a VPN to fool the Firestick into thinking I am in the US..

There are other options, I understand, but that works for me...
Old 02-25-2021, 10:37 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtexasrn View Post
We recently found Gen2TV provider with SoPlayer streaming program. If you have a smart tv SoPlayer should be in your apps. Gen2TV has hundreds and hundreds of tv shows, movies, local channels and sports. We were able to watch the Cowboys whole season which we couldn't on DirectTV without paying $220 a month. Gen2TV has no contracts and is $29 a month. If you don't like it, you don't have to renew. We were watching Outlander on Netflix and finished season 4. Netflix does not have season 5 yet. We went to Gen2TV and bamm!! There it is! Season 5. I was soooo happy!! lol You can buy the program online and it gives you instructions as to how to set it up.
EXCELLENT - yes, this is one of the best there is outside of the main providers!

It's not legal though, and the website really stinks. And, the main servers go down sometime. But it is cheap. Once you get past that the channels are endless..
Old 02-25-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabates
what is OTA ?
OTA stands for Over-the-air , basically it's antenna that receives broadcast channels. I have one in my attic and I can get a lot channels, but not channel 2. I don't use the antenna, I installed the antenna because it was only $27 on Amazon and wanted to have TV in a guest bedroom, I have Directv for 12 years on my main two TVs.

Antenna discussions and what you can get, do you need 2 antennas, where do you put the antenna, do have a barrier inside the roof, all those questions you can forget about. I put this on another thread, but I guess some of you didn't see it, or didn't read it.

Locast is an app that will give you all the local channels in HD. I have it and used it last month when Directv had a dispute with our local ABC affiliate and we didn't get channel 9 for two weeks. I used it to watch Jeopardy.

I have a ROKU stick plugged into the back of my TV I bought in December at Best Buy for $27, and I connected to the Locast app. They will ask for a $5 a month donation or $60 a year. They are a non-profit to bring viewers the local TV broadcast channels. If you don't pay the donation, you will see a commercial every 15 minutes, that's it.

I just looked at my on-screen guide and these are channels I get:

I get in HD the Orlando channels 2, 2.2, 6, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 8, 8.2, 9, 9.2, 10, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 15.2, 15.3, 18, 18.2, 18.3, 24.2, 24.3, 24.5, 26, 26.2, 26.3, 26.4, 26.5, 27, 27.4, 31, 31.3, 31.4, 35, 35.2, 43, 42.2, 43.3, 43.4, 45, 52, 52.3, 52.4, 52.5, 55.2, 55.3, 55.4, 55.6, 55.7, 55.8. 55.9, 55.11, 56, 55.2, 55.3, 55.5, 55.6, 65, 65.2, 65.3, 65.4, 68, 68.2, 68.3, 68.4
Old 02-25-2021, 11:18 AM

YouTube TV. Has it all.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalino1 View Post
YouTube TV. Has it all.
Including, a really poorly designed user interface. It's a royal pain to have to search for recorded programs by names to playback the recorded programs. It seems like it would take very little effort on YouTube TV's part to simply add a recorded programs menu, where you could select the recorded programs to playback. The "On Demand" programs doesn't allow you to fast forward through commercials, which is annoying. It would be much better if we could Al La Carte channels. We probably only watch less than 10 channels. It's annoying to pay for sports channels, when we never what sports the channels. We still have YouTube TV, even after the cost keeps going up. We haven't switched yet.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:

Love to hear from you.

Thanks!
If you have internet go to: ustvgo.tv. There is a whole list of sites to go to. All are free but for some you need to have their VPN which is about $4 - $5 per month.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:51 PM

I have All Access TV. I purchased this at Marion Market about 2 yrs ago now. With All Access, you can get any channel that you want, I mean any channel, I get U-Tube, netflix,amazon, NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Golf, all baseball,HBO,Cinemax, I mean anything you want to watch, all around the world. The only country's I kept is Canada, Great Britian, and Ireland. They have this perfected so good now, I may get 2-3 bufferings a day, for maybe 3-5 seconds. I pay $45.00 per month, plus internet. I was paying $235.00 a month, now down to $ 90.00 a month, Internet, and TV. We go to MN in the summer for a few months, we take our 2 boxes with us, order internet, and we are set up in MN in 5 minutes or less. If you need more info, you can call me at 612-245-6880 Vern
Closed Thread

Tags
service, streaming, channel, favorite, options

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.