Audio file capture and conversion

Old 05-07-2024, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,369 Times in 2,319 Posts
Question Audio file capture and conversion

I am trying to help a fellow villager. Their electronic music box died, no replacement parts available from the original manufacturer. I found a suitable MP3 player that will work. The villager found a suitable YouTube music box video file of the Silent Night that they like.
I have not been able to capture the audio or otherwise save it as a MP3 file and it is not downloadable.
So, I have found that Audicity(?) can do this as well as some other programs, none that I have. If anyone can do this, I can send the link to the YouTube file.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Today, 07:17 AM

I can download any YouTube video file, dump it into video editor, and then strip out the audio track as a mp3 file....PM me here with the link
Old Today, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
I can download any YouTube video file, dump it into video editor, and then strip out the audio track as a mp3 file....PM me here with the link
I apologise for possibly hijacking the thread but I am looking for an app to rip CDs, high quality, some of the freeware I have been told will in some cases make a few changes to your PC, my tech knowledge is another area where I am not as proficient as I would like ,, TIA
Old Today, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
I apologise for possibly hijacking the thread but I am looking for an app to rip CDs, high quality, some of the freeware I have been told will in some cases make a few changes to your PC, my tech knowledge is another area where I am not as proficient as I would like ,, TIA
I use Microsoft Media Player that comes installed on most PCs as part of Windows. I use the WAV file type for high quality lossless audio. But, I have found that the MP3 files, that use only about 10 percent of the lossless data, sound just as good through my stereo system. I really cannot tell the difference in sound quality. The WAV files come in handy when you want to burn a new CD.
Old Today, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,369 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am trying to help a fellow villager. Their electronic music box died, no replacement parts available from the original manufacturer. I found a suitable MP3 player that will work. The villager found a suitable YouTube music box video file of the Silent Night that they like.
I have not been able to capture the audio or otherwise save it as a MP3 file and it is not downloadable.
So, I have found that Audicity(?) can do this as well as some other programs, none that I have. If anyone can do this, I can send the link to the YouTube file.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
UPDATE: I figured out a way to capture the file.

Tags
file, found, audio, mp3, suitable

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.