Anyone Have a Samsung S3

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Anyone Have a Samsung S3

What kind of battery life do you get? Seems lately my phone is eating the battery. I think something is running in the background and I don't know what it is. I have disabled a lot of apps but maybe not the battery hog.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
What kind of battery life do you get? Seems lately my phone is eating the battery. I think something is running in the background and I don't know what it is. I have disabled a lot of apps but maybe not the battery hog.
I don't have your same phone but on my Iphone the ATT rep said to turn off Bluetooth when not in use.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
I don't know if you need a new battery or not for your S3, but it may be something to consider. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for two years (April 2012-April 2014). This past January, the phone would just "shut off" on its own. I took it to a Sprint store, and the sales person could tell right away I needed a new battery. She told me the battery life on the S2 is about 2 years. Replacing the battery solved the problem. I switched to the S4 this past April when the S4 prices dropped as the S5 was introduced in April.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I have an S3 and positively loathe it. Mine's about a year old and, if I'm lucky, holds a charge for about six hours. Like you, I can't find what is draining the battery. Think they'll have to pay me to buy a samsung again.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 AM

I read that on one of the Android updates a camera program was draining the battery. Evidently other applications can call on this and keep it running in the background.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Gold member

I've found that if you true off the GPS/location finder and the Bluetooth I can get about 2 days on a full charge from my S3.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I have had Samsung galaxy S3 for almost 2 years, no battery problems. Try this: From the main screen go to settings, scroll down to Battery and select it, you should see all of the running applications and their power usage.
Mine has:
Android system 19%
Device Idle 17%
Android OS 16%
Cell Standby 14%
Screen 13%
Xfinity Wifi 4%
AccuWeather 4%
Google services 3%
com.andriod.systemui 3%

My phone battery easily lasts 1 full day (to typically 65%) and can go a second day.
I have battery power saving mode ON, and I use the automatic screen background on Auto as I was advised that both of these make a big difference in battery life.

My wife's phone battery life was getting so bad that I purchased a new battery, for less than $10, and that seems to have helped considerably.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:50 PM

If it is your battery you can purchase a extended life battery from zero lemon on amazon..
Cost less than stock battery and you can easily get two days from charge.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Veteran member

Great phone my wife has one uses that thing I leave the GPS locator on so that when she gets lost and I also leave the Bluetooth on that way when she gets in the car it's safe it's kind of like saving money you can go have a nice wonderful meal spend some money or you can go to Sam's wholesale and eat the samples! you bought it to use use it and charge it that's what it's for if you buy new battery that will help but just use it
Old 07-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

New battery on amazon $9
Old 07-14-2014, 10:55 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

See if this post helps.

10 tips to improve Android battery life - TechRepublic
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 07-15-2014, 12:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My husband and I each have an S3. One of the big no-no things to not do is to overcharge. There are those who leave their phone on charge almost all the time when they are home. Big mistake. Always let it run down naturally (but not all the way) and then charge.

I'm sure there are many things that can cause a short life with a battery, and overcharging is definitely one of them.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.