E-mailing pictures

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Default E-mailing pictures

Okay our computer died and we had to get one with windows 8. When we try to send a picture the screen says we do not have an e-mail account set as a default. We understand what this means but can't figure out how to set it up. The guy at Best Buy did mention that Comcast e-mail wasn't a very good system since you have to log in from the site every time. What to do is the question.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by allairenjadea View Post
Okay our computer died and we had to get one with windows 8. When we try to send a picture the screen says we do not have an e-mail account set as a default. We understand what this means but can't figure out how to set it up. The guy at Best Buy did mention that Comcast e-mail wasn't a very good system since you have to log in from the site every time. What to do is the question.
I recommend you establish an email account on Google (gmail), Microsoft (Outlook) or some other online email system. That way, you are not tied to an internet provider and will not have to change your email address ever again.

Once you have the new account, go into windows and setup you new email account.

Hope this helps....
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM

We went into windows and created a hot mail account but still get the same message . There is still something we are missing
Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 PM

Try this.

How To Change the Default Windows 8 Email Client

Then you should be able to use "Windows Live Mail" for your Hotmail account where the article shows him using "Outlook."
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I bought a new laptop with windows 8 and I click on the start screen tile with the lovely water and rocks waterscape - it takes me to the windows desktop where I then click on the explorer on the left side of the taskbar - it takes me to the msn homepage from which I can access each of my email accounts just as they were on my old laptop.

I also bought windows 8 for dummies at barnes & noble which provided a wealth of info for learning a new operating system AND I now attend the computer and computer plus meetings - you can't beat the info and assistance you can receive there!

next windows 8 mtgs:
computer club meeting 3/22/2013 Lake Miona Basic Windows 8 Navigation
The Villages Computer Club
computer plus club meeting 3/21/2013 Laurel Manor Windows 8
The Villages Computer Plus - Home

Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM

Okay I followed the instructions on the link but got no closer to my goal. I set up an outlook address and when I click on the mail box on the desktop it comes up automatically so I figure this is my default mail. If you scroll down on the link you will see that a person asks a question and what has happened to him is exactly what I am looking at. The only two items I see are keep mail and shop the store. I'm lost
Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 PM

When configuring your mail on Windows 8, you may have received the error that Mail doesn’t support POP3 email accounts.
Microsoft Windows 8 does not currently support the POP3 protocol in its native mail client. Since Comcast supports POP3, the Windows 8 native mail client is not compatible with Comcast mail.
To access Comcast email we recommend one of the following:
1) Use Xfinity Connect web mail XFINITY by Comcast -- Official Customer Site | Email | Watch TV Online, then click email

2) Use a mail client that does support the industry standard POP3 protocol (e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Live Essentials, Opera Mail). Live mail essentials can be downloaded from:
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials

Once downloaded, the walkthrough for Comcast email is located at:
Comcast Customer Service - XFINITY Help and Support...

Additional mail client instructions are located here:
Using email client programs with XFINITY email
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.