Century Link Problems?

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Century Link Problems?

Is anyone having problems with Century Link? For a couple of days I have had problems with slow computer and internet and I put it down to the worldwide hacking problem. Last night I could not get into the computer at all and lost wifi connection. After I reconnected to wifi I could not get Century Link to activate at all. I have just now managed to bring up Century Link page and reactivate the link. It has been down from midnight last night until about ten minutes ago.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It happened to us a while back. I disconnected the router from the wall then waited 5 minutes and plugged it in and within another 5 minutes we were good to go. It usually happens when you need the computer the most. Good Luck.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It happened to us a while back. I disconnected the router from the wall then waited 5 minutes and plugged it in and within another 5 minutes we were good to go. It usually happens when you need the computer the most. Good Luck.
I've been working to fix it most of the afternoon. Somehow or other Century Link had become uninstalled and I had to reinstall it. How that happened, goodness only knows. Hopefully I am up and running.

If I get further problems I will try disconnecting from the wall and hope that helps. Thanks.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-16-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Is anyone having problems with Century Link? For a couple of days I have had problems with slow computer and internet and I put it down to the worldwide hacking problem. Last night I could not get into the computer at all and lost wifi connection. After I reconnected to wifi I could not get Century Link to activate at all. I have just now managed to bring up Century Link page and reactivate the link. It has been down from midnight last night until about ten minutes ago.
I just had Century Link installed this a.m. Worked fine. Then tonight, no service on T.V. Or Internet. After three phone calls and 40 min talking to people, finally back up. Most frustrating is that the tech didn't tell me my account number and or the phone number assigned to my account, which by they way is not my cell number. And I am so mad at him because I gave him a nice fat tip. Service better get better or I'll switch as I work from home and internet service is critical for me.

Tags
link, century, problems, wifi, night

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.