CenturyLink modem replacement

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 PM

I purchased a Netgear DM111PSPv2 router and thought I would try to set it up using the CD that came with the modem.

I was not successful - so tried to set up the manual way (per AJ32162).

So I connected the modem to a computer with an Ethernet cable per the Netgear instructions. The DSL cable and power cord were connected as well. The modem was connected directly to the computer NOT thru a router - I disconnected the router first.

Then I logged in to the modem using a browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, IE etc) by typing www.routerlogin.net into the address bar of the browser. Then I entered the user name and password provided with the modem - in this case the user was "admin" and the password was "password" then I applied the settings as laid out by AJ32162 in post #5.

After a few seconds the modem connected to the internet.

Then I connected the router, I removed the Ethernet cable from the computer, and plugged an Ethernet cable from the modem into the router. Our setup required plugging an ethernet cable from one of the router ports into the desktop.

Reboot the router - unplug it for about 30 secs, to allow it to connect to the new modem for the wifi broadcast.

I then also reset my network settings on my iPad ( not sure if I needed to do this).

Everything works fine.

Thanks to AJ32162.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Gold member
Default Will try this next

Thank you Blackie - we haven't yet changed anything, had just been putting up with the turning off and on as I described in an earlier post. Away from The Villages for a few weeks, but am going to save your advice and try it when we get back (or maybe get my techie son-in-law to do it . Anyway, thanks, something to try.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.