Computer Problem

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Default Computer Problem

I purchased Easy CD&DVD Burning 2 from Best Buy. I want to make audio cd’s for my songs and I want the songs information which should show when I put the cd in my computer, so I know what song I want to listen to. I tried several times to burn an audio but each time I burn one it shows Track 1, track 2 etc. No information ( artist, song, genre, time etc) is displayed. I have tried to use help but there is no step-by-step guide to help guide me through from the beginning to the end. It will not let me use another cd to get music off of to transfer to another cd.I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure out what.I tried calling the company and they were no help couldn’t understand their English.
Donna 353-633-3883
Old 09-02-2021, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

did you check at the store in Lady Lake for help?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I am guessing you are using records, tapes or some other audio source for the songs, therefore the CD burning device has no idea what the song is and therefore there is no information on the CD. The easiest way to do what you want is to use your computer to make the CDs with an audio CD ripper software. This type of software will usually be able to fill in the artist and song info. You will need an internet connection for this. NOTE: this does not always work I have made dozens of audio CDs and have actually had half of the songs show no title or song info and half so all of the info on the same CD.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

If you are just making audio cds, the Windows program, Windows Media Player, is a better way to go. You just put the CD into the drive and "rip" the CD to the program library, using a high quality file format, like WAV. Then, you can "burn" the songs to a blank CD-R disc, using the "audio CD" format. As far as whether or not the song information will appear on the burned CD, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. I think it depends on how the original CD was made and how the individual song information is embedded on the CD. If you have specific questions, send me a PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:49 PM
Sage

As a follow-up, if your only issue is that the song information does not transfer to the CD copy, I don't think the problem is with the software you purchased.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhsmith View Post
I purchased Easy CD&DVD Burning 2 from Best Buy. I want to make audio cd’s for my songs and I want the songs information which should show when I put the cd in my computer, so I know what song I want to listen to. I tried several times to burn an audio but each time I burn one it shows Track 1, track 2 etc. No information ( artist, song, genre, time etc) is displayed. I have tried to use help but there is no step-by-step guide to help guide me through from the beginning to the end. It will not let me use another cd to get music off of to transfer to another cd.I must be doing something wrong but can’t figure out what.I tried calling the company and they were no help couldn’t understand their English.
Donna 353-633-3883
Donna you can edit each track by renaming it and type the info you desire.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Donna you can edit each track by renaming it and type the info you desire.
You may be able to edit it on the computer within the software's library, but I don't think the track information will transfer to the copied CD disc. When you insert a music CD into a computer drive, the computer reads the information on the CD, but, if the song information has not been embedded onto the disc, it will not appear on the screen, unless the information was burned onto the disc when the disc was created.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Donna - do you have the music on your computer already? What's the name of the file? Is it <something>.mp3 or <something>.wav?

You need to make sure that the song information is present on the file itself before you burn it to a new CD. You can download the program MP3TAG (Mp3tag - der universelle Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)). This will let you edit the information on the music file - title, artist, track #, etc. - before you burn it to the CD.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:21 PM
Sage

Note that there are two ways to burn music to a blank CD. You can use the "CD Audio" format, or you can just copy the music computer file to the CD, such as mp3 or wav files. The CD audio format will allow the CD to be played on almost any CD player or boom box, and it is the best format to use. The CD audio format is not a regular computer file and it needs to be converted to a computer file format before it can be played on a computer, but most computers will do this automatically. The process of converting commercially made music cds to use on a computer is very complex because the "CD audio" format was created by the music industry before home computers even existed.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I ripped a CD (just to get the music onto the computer) using Windows Media Player and it couldn't find the CD name or the track titles.

I think the problem may be that the on-line website that the program originally used is no longer operational.

Ended up putting everything in manually.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Google is your friend

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ck-information
Old 09-03-2021, 05:15 AM

Try Audacity. It’s a free software tool that allows CD track and comment editing.
Old 09-03-2021, 05:52 AM
Veteran member

why would anybody buy software to rip a cd? If all you want is to rip music from a cd, there are many free programs that ae so easy to use. The easiest is iTunes. If you are on a Mac, you put in a cd and it prompts you if you want to rip it and you click yes. You are done! It works the same using windows, not as elegant though. On a Mac, you can also download XLD which is free. I have a few thousand cds ripped using these free programs.
If you are an audiophile, then use XLD, if not, use iTunes.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You may be able to edit it on the computer within the software's library, but I don't think the track information will transfer to the copied CD disc. When you insert a music CD into a computer drive, the computer reads the information on the CD, but, if the song information has not been embedded onto the disc, it will not appear on the screen, unless the information was burned onto the disc when the disc was created.
That is if you rip to the cd. First rip to your computer, add the info then copy those files to the cd
Old 09-03-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
That is if you rip to the cd. First rip to your computer, add the info then copy those files to the cd
Yes, if you are just copying music files to the CD. But, if you burn the music to the CD using the "CD audio" format, you are not just copying computer files. You are totally changing the file format to a music format that is read differently by CD players than regular computer files.
Closed Thread

Tags
computer, guide, song, burn, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.