COMPUTER WARNINGS (How about a special forum for these?)

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default COMPUTER WARNINGS (How about a special forum for these?)

COMPUTER WARNINGS FROM JMAX...

If you get an email recommending the website www.itusd.com, delete it. Jmax

ITUSD.COM IS A SCAM!

This is in my opinion an example of a common Chinese scam selling all kinds of brand items at unrealistic prices. There are thousands of such websites out there with no other purpose than fraud. Please be careful and remember: if something looks too good to be true it’s usually just another scam. For more information about this type of fraud, please read here: Chinese Scams.
If you have any questions about this site and what makes it a scam please post a comment below.

Heads up! Here's another scam being used.

Hotel/Motel Scam (This one is so simple it is shocking)

This is kinda scary if only because of how simple it is. I'll bet this works all too often.

You arrive at your hotel and check in at the front desk. When checking in, you give the front desk your credit card (for all the charges for your room). You get to your room and settle in.

Someone calls the front desk and asked for (example) Room 620 (which happens to be your room). Your phone rings in your room. You answer and the person on the other end says the following, 'This is the front desk. When checking in, we came cross a problem with your charge card information. Please re-read me your credit card number and verify the last 3 digits numbers at the reverse side of your charge card.'

Not thinking anything you might give this person your information, since the call seems to come from the front desk. But actually, it is a scam of someone calling from outside the hotel/front desk. They ask for a random room number. Then, ask you for credit card information and address information. Sounding so professional that you do think you are talking to the front desk.

If you ever encounter this problem on your vacation, tell the caller that you will be down at the front desk to clear up any problems...Then, go to the front desk and ask if there was a problem. If there was none, inform the manager of the hotel that someone called to scam you of your credit card information acting like a front desk employee.

This was sent by someone who has been duped........and is still clearing up the mess....

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for the hotel info. I probably would have given then the info.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

How many people went to ITUSD.COM to check it out ???

I did ... Couldn't help myself . . .
Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Sage

Thank you for the heads up.

I would have probably fallen for this scam.

I wonder if some people stay up all night to think of ingenious ways to strip people of their hard earned money.

Bad, bad, bad people
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.