Epson Workforce 2930 Printer stuck on Copy Mode

Old 01-19-2024, 08:37 AM
Default Epson Workforce 2930 Printer stuck on Copy Mode

I had a paper jam, after clearing that problem the printer is stuck on Copy. I have unplugged it and tried several of the easy fixes found on Google, but cannot clear it. Can someone please help with this problem. Thanks ...................
Old 01-19-2024, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
I had a paper jam, after clearing that problem the printer is stuck on Copy. I have unplugged it and tried several of the easy fixes found on Google, but cannot clear it. Can someone please help with this problem. Thanks ...................
I would very carefully look at the paper path and make sure that ALL of the paper was removed from the jam area. I once had a similar situation on another brand of printer and there was a very small piece of paper that tore off and was blocking a gear or sensor causing the printer to not work. The only other option I can think of is doing a search for a factory reset operation and see if that works.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:00 AM

Thanks Tinker. I have tried the factory reset and that did not work, so it looks as though I should do a hunt for a paper problem.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Tinker. I have tried the factory reset and that did not work, so it looks as though I should do a hunt for a paper problem.
Are you WiFi connected? If so delete the app and reinstall, had to do that with one of our printers, unplug didn’t work, but the app deleted fixed mine.

If that doesn’t work email the company almost every customer service can help you fix tech issues.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Are you WiFi connected? If so delete the app and reinstall, had to do that with one of our printers, unplug didn’t work, but the app deleted fixed mine.

If that doesn’t work email the company almost every customer service can help you fix tech issues.
Thank you for your suggestions. I have been working on this for two days and on my last nerve.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestions. I have been working on this for two days and on my last nerve.
Have you tried to use the "settings" mode on the control panel and reset all the features to the default settings?
Old 01-19-2024, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Another thing to try is to connect the printer directly into a USB cable.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Have you changed ink vendor, that has been my mistake.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

OP, I have been thinking about this some more, do you use wireless printing, if so turn OFF the wireless connection to the printer on the outside chance it is somehow sending a command to the printer. Then try the various reset options already mentioned. Finally, double check the copy button to see if it is stuck in the ON/selected position.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

My moms really old printer froze like this, online chat with the company, took 15 minutes but the step by step worked. Company knows more than any of us, just live chat the manufacturer.

If they can’t get you up and running you will know it’s new printer time.
Old 01-20-2024, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
My moms really old printer froze like this, online chat with the company, took 15 minutes but the step by step worked. Company knows more than any of us, just live chat the manufacturer.

If they can’t get you up and running you will know it’s new printer time.
It is a new printer. Brand new, used three times. But I will call their chat line, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:44 AM

Good morning,

Have you been able to print a test page from the printer itself? I have an older Epson Workforce printer up North. They are pretty reliable.

I have an older Canon printer I brought to the Villages that I could not get to connect to my wireless network. I finally just bought a USB port adapter with extra USB Ports to connect it direct. I helped a neighbor out who was having a similar issue. We could not get her Chromebook to connect to the printer. I got her a USB Port adapter and solved the problem.

I know your problem started with a paper jam. Have you tried restarting the computer as well?

Old 01-22-2024, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
It is a new printer. Brand new, used three times. But I will call their chat line, thanks for the suggestion.
Did you get some help from online chat line
Old 01-22-2024, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Did you get some help from online chat line
I was away from my home this weekend, back now and will chat them today. I will report back on what they say.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwoodrick View Post
Good morning,

Have you been able to print a test page from the printer itself? I have an older Epson Workforce printer up North. They are pretty reliable.

I have an older Canon printer I brought to the Villages that I could not get to connect to my wireless network. I finally just bought a USB port adapter with extra USB Ports to connect it direct. I helped a neighbor out who was having a similar issue. We could not get her Chromebook to connect to the printer. I got her a USB Port adapter and solved the problem.

I know your problem started with a paper jam. Have you tried restarting the computer as well?
I have restarted everything. I have printed several test pages with no problem. It is annoying because it is legal stuff for taxes I need this year.

Tags
printer, stuck, copy, problem, epson

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.