iPAD vs Android Tablet

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Default iPAD vs Android Tablet

Trying to decide on an iPAD or Android tablet. My concern with the iPAD is the difficulty/inability to easily sync with a PC and that you can not add memory cards to the iPAD. Concern with Androids are the lack of APPS relative to iPAD. Any thoughts out there?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 PM

Can you be more specific about your sync concerns for iPad, and what you would want removable memory for.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:12 PM

I love my ipad but for xmas instead if getting the iphone, we got the samsung galaxy note 11 which is a phone and also a mini tablet
We love love love it
Attachment using adobe which ipad does not allow, can be seen in the galaxy
Both guys , one in best buy and one in the att store mentioned the issue of hoe restrictive apple is ( namely, you can not expand the memory, like you mentioned)
So imo the best is not to buy all apple products but have a variety.
I still love apple's ipad, of course, but the galaxy is more flexible w its features
And one can download upnto 10,000 song for free ( which i will probably never reach...)
Good luck, though.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 AM

iPad....how can all those buyers be wrong?
I feel there is a reason some many people have bought and love their Ipads.
I have three ipads and one Kindle...there will always be some pros and cons and
neither decision is terminal.....go for it...you'll be glad you did.

LatDoc
Old 03-11-2013, 06:21 AM

Worse thing about the iPad is it doesn't use Flash. A lot of websites cannot be used because of this unless you buy a separate browser. (I'm typing this on an iPad)
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Samsung Note 10.1 is the best
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM

I love my Asus transfer 10". Has slot for micro sd card. HD port. Can link to PC. Much cheaper than iPad. Go to utube for comparison videos.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Gold member

Keep in mind that you are not only buying the product but the support as well. I believe Apple beats them all and will be there when you need them. There is a benefit to having all Apple products so you can sinc your data files from one device to another.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

I wasn't going to enter this discussion, but batman makes an interesting point. And remember, you PAY upfront for that support. Apple products always seem to be more costly than the competition. And just for the conversation, do you really feel that Google and or Samsung are going away any time soon?

With that said, I purchased an Android tablet, and returned it within the no-cost return period. It was just a big smart phone...Definately not a replacement for a laptop or ultrabook computer. FWIW, I ended up with a Toshiba ultrabook...very light, very long battery life, and it can do anything I need it to do. I use it at home, and when traveling. Easy to put files on it with the USB ports. (I beleive iPods dont have this capability, but may be wrong.)

Don't get me wrong, at this point, tablets are fun, but really just a toy, not a computer replacement. When I need something more portable, I use my smartpone (Android). It a can do virtually everything a tablet can do.
These are my opinions and I understand and accept that not everyone feels the same.

OH! I have to laugh, I was in Yosemite somewhat recently, and it was hilarious to see some of the international tourists taking pictures with their tablets.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:56 PM

I have an iPad 2.

The tablet is a tool, the "apps" are what makes it useful.

The iPad has over 300,000 dedicated apps, if you include iPhone apps (they'll run on an iPad) there are several hundred thousand. There are apps for just about anything you want.

The lack of an SD card may be a slight downside, the fact that the iPad doesn't run Adobe Flash is a very minor issue - Apple doesn't like Flash so won't allow it on the iPad.

Syncing files with a PC is no problem. There are plenty of apps that allow you to read document files, spreadsheets and pretty much anything you are likely to need.

An iPad will probably do 80% of what you need a laptop for.

It's all about the "apps" - get the iPad.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.