Firefox question

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Sage
Smile Firefox question

I have just downloaded Firefox. I have been using Google for awhile and decided to change. First thing when I tried to install Firefox it wouldn't install. Finally figured out it was Norton Utilities blocking it from downloading. So I turned off my firewall and it downloaded and installed. Now I'm having issues using Firefox. When going to web pages it sits and spins with the hourglass. I turned off the firewall and again the issues went away. I don't want to permanently disable my firewall. Is there a way to tell Norton to back off on this? Somehow to ask it to allow Firefox?
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage

You should be able to go into Norton settings and tell it to recognize and allow Firefox.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage

I did try to set the settings but it didn't seem to help. I did some reading online and found out that the newer versions of Norton Utilities work better with Firefox so I uninstalled my Norton and reinstalled the most updated version and now it seems to work well. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 01-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I had problems with my computer recently and just wanted to ask someone knowledgeable a question, it was impossible to find help until I got into The Villages Computer Club. This is an amazing site. It is very easy to navigate and I found exactly what I needed to know.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I had problems with my computer recently and just wanted to ask someone knowledgeable a question, it was impossible to find help until I got into The Villages Computer Club. This is an amazing site. It is very easy to navigate and I found exactly what I needed to know.
Thanks for your help Madelaine. Next time I'll know where to go for answers although I usually get quite a few more on here than I did on this subject.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.