HELP-Cracked HP laptop screen!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Default HELP-Cracked HP laptop screen!!!

My laptop screen to cracked...I dropped it...It's an HP. Can I get it fixed or do I live with it...Thanks
Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,186 Times in 2,265 Posts

You are probably going to be shocked and appalled at the repair cost. My suggestion, buy a new PC, and have you data transferred to the new PC, and re-install your programs. I had the exact thing happen to a Dell PC a few years ago, and the cost to repair was almost as much as a new (and much better) PC.

Good luck.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:20 AM

Had to replace mine about 3 years ago. Also HP. Watched a few YouTube videos on how to do it. After removing the plastic bezel and a few tiny screws to view the label on the back of the screen (to see exact screen model #), ordered the new HP screen through a third party (was a little over $100. I recall) and installed it in less than 10 minutes, actually probably closer to 5 minutes. Definite do it yourself project if you're at all handy with a very small philips screwdriver and less than a dozen little screws.

You'll have to determine the cost of the new screen to decide if it's worth it or not.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Default Thank you for all your suggestions...

I'll look into your suggestions if the screen gets worst.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Generally speaking, the cost of replacing a laptop monitor can be high. However there are exceptions to that rule depending upon the model of the laptop and the cost of the screen model. If you have any more questions, or even wish to set up an appointment, please contact us.
(Office) 352-460-1155
(Store) 205 W. North Blvd (441), Leesburg, Fl. 34748
(Website) http://www.ComputerCornerFL.com
Old 07-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Sage

Have all your model, serial #'s handy and log onto New Egg.com you will be amazed at the low prices, and it's an easy DIY.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Default Thanks for everyones suggestions!

I want to thank everyone for their informative suggestions, and especially to mulligan who recommended newegg.com. If took me to screensurgens.com. They had the replacement screen plus a video on how to install the new screen...great site. The replacement screen (exact one, as old one I have) cost $97....no tax, no shipping. It includes the tool kit to replace the screen also. All I need now, is a little luck in messing with the tiny screens, but again they supply the screwdriver to do it....

It's a nice feeling to have such support when it's needed in The Villages.
Thank you again.
Alexandra
Old 07-17-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adichiara View Post
My laptop screen to cracked...I dropped it...It's an HP. Can I get it fixed or do I live with it...Thanks
Yes you can have it fixed, but do you really want to? How old is it and how much did you pay are all questions to ask yourself. Most computer repairs (unless you do it or a friend does it for little or free) cost more than replacement in the end. The top or glass will cost check it out online.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.