How to convert phone photos to jpeg file.C

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2022, 11:30 AM
Default How to convert phone photos to jpeg file.C

I have photos on my android (Samsung) phone that I would like to store on my HP computer but when I send the photo to my email it just appears as a photo without a file name. Once upon a time I could send a photo to my email and it would appear as a jpeg file. As I'm typing this I realize I was using a different carrier (Consumer Cellular vs Verizon). Would this be a carrier issue?
Old 01-18-2022, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Have you tried right-clicking on the image? You might see an option to Save Image Aś...

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-18-2022, 11:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas View Post
I have photos on my android (Samsung) phone that I would like to store on my HP computer but when I send the photo to my email it just appears as a photo without a file name. Once upon a time I could send a photo to my email and it would appear as a jpeg file. As I'm typing this I realize I was using a different carrier (Consumer Cellular vs Verizon). Would this be a carrier issue?
I took one of my photos sent it in email tags it as image ####. jpeg
with iPhone AT&T
Old 01-18-2022, 11:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
This may be a better example for Android file photo explained.
What format does Android use for photos? - Techtrix
Old 01-18-2022, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
I have a Samsung Note 10+ phone. When I attach a photo to an email, it shows up as a JPG file on my desktop. Are you attaching the photo as an attachment, or are you inserting it into the body of the email? If you make it an attachment, I think it will transmit as a JPG file.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:29 PM

Thanks! I did a right click and chose 'save as ...'.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:41 PM

Don't know what I was doing wrong but I just tried sending myself some photos and it worked fine. I guess I wasn't selecting the correct options. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2022, 09:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

I share with google photos, and it's all there on google chrome when I log in to the browser on my desktop. From there I can edit, download to the hard drive (or a thumb drive), or share it further to wherever I want.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Are any of you aware you do not have to email those to yourself?? All you need to do is attach your phone to your computer/laptop with the USB cable. Windows will ask if you wish to move the pictures.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:20 AM

Had that problem myself years ago and had to do the following.
Move all your pictures from the phone memory to the SD card memory on your phone.
Take the SD card out of your phone once all the photos have been transferred
Put the SD card in the computers SD card reader.
In the APP store you use on you computer down load a FILE TYPE CONVERTER program/APP and use it to convert all your pictures to a jpeg file type.
After this is complete then transfer all the pictures to your computer.

If this sounds confusing use YouTube to help you more. In you tube look up file type converters. Good luck
Old 01-19-2022, 07:23 AM

Here's another way to get photos to your PC. Use Google Photos app or Amazon Photos, or any photo app that saves to the cloud. This makes sure your photos are backed up. Now go to your PC, log into the website where photos are stored and download. This can be one at a time or bulk download as a zip file.

Something to consider when emailing photos is that the photos files may be getting compressed more than they were when generated (all jpg files are compressed and lose data every time they are saved). Whether compressed will depend on your settings.
Old 01-19-2022, 07:31 AM

I had to do this for work (I am still working). There are many free websites that do this. The way I did it was:
. go to my browser
. type "convert android pictures to jpeg"
. I selected the app from the site called Image converter to JPG
. Then follow the instructions

Hope this helps
Old 01-19-2022, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Your Phone

There is also a Microsoft app called "Your Phone" which is bundled with Windows 10. It lets you manage your phone from your PC.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:21 AM
Default Apple phone don't accept SD cards.

[QUOTE
Move all your pictures from the phone memory to the SD card memory on your phone.[/QUOTE]

Apple benevalently requires you to use the methods they choose to operate your phone, tablet, computer, etc. With an Apple phone you use iTunes to transfer stuff.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:24 AM
Default image file conversion

After downloading photos to the PC with email or whatever, formats can be converted with free graphics program Irfanview, saving loaded files in different formats. There are probably other format conversion programs available just Google for them. Irfanview will also allow you to add text comments to a picture and do other edits on them.
Closed Thread

Tags
photo, photos, jpeg, phone, email

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.