IPad question

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2024, 05:04 AM
Default Ipad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas View Post
I can't power off my IPad because the touch screen function is not working. I've tried holding down the power on/off button for an extended time but that doesn't seem to work either. I thought if I could power it off and on again I might be able to get the touch screen back. The IPad is four years old. Is it time for a new IPad?
Try holding down the home button and the on off button for several seconds at the same time
Old 02-28-2024, 06:26 AM
Default Probably need to contact apple

My iPad stopped recognizing my touch about a month ago. Luckily I had a keyboard cover and it would accept commands from it but would not recognize any on the touch screen. Best Buy tried everything and were wonderful. Finally had to send it back to Apple. They had to send me a replacement because it could not be fixed. Must have been an internal problem.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

The newer iPads with the m1/m2 processor are light years ahead of the 4 year old model.
But you are in luck, in a few weeks a brand new series of iPads will be coming out with the m3 processor, a newer Magic Keyboard/trackpad, and will be even bigger than the current 12.9” iPad Pro. All of this along with a new iPad OS, this will/should be the iPad version that you truly can replace a Mac mini/macbook.
My m1 iPad Pro will be up for sale once this comes out.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
“Hey, Siri. Turn iPad off”. Works for me every time.
Same here, brother Razorback.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:44 AM
Veteran member

Hold the power button and home button together until the screen shuts down. That should work
Old 02-28-2024, 07:56 AM
Default IOS updates

Good you got it to shutdown. Hope you also got it to come back on. Make sure that all system updates have been done . Sometimes these are software caused problems that manifest as a hardware problem.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I can't power off my IPad because the touch screen function is not working. I've tried holding down the power on/off button for an extended time but that doesn't seem to work either. I thought if I could power it off and on again I might be able to get the touch screen back. The IPad is four years old. Is it time for a new IPad?
Press the home button and the side volume at the same time. The slide off bar will appear on your screen-slide it to off. To turn it back on do the same thing.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odale123 View Post
Press the home button and the side volume at the same time. The slide off bar will appear on your screen-slide it to off. To turn it back on do the same thing.
See post #11……:.apparently you missed.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

I would take it back where you bought it & let them show you or let them see if they can’t show you how to turn it off. But I assuming it an older model because you didn’t share that. But if it’s a yr. or less old I’m sure they’ll replace it or fix the problem!
Old 02-28-2024, 10:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I pad 7th generation OS version 17, 0, 03. Press Top right button swipe to shut down. Or hold bottom button and ask Siri to shut down follow prompt

Last edited by Keefelane66; 02-28-2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU!!! I pressed both the hold button and the on/off button until the Apple logo appeared. The touch function is back. Yippee! I don't have to buy a new IPad.
You just performed a hard restart. This is something that should be done periodically to allow the device to reallocate stored data on your device and run more efficiently. This should also be done on an iPhone as well. Years ago when I made my first Apple purchases, Apple recommended doing this. I restart my iPad every couple months or so as I use it constantly and my iPhone monthly. I knock on wood as I say this, but I never have problems. My last iPad was with me about 7 years and I sold it last year when I bit the bullet and bought an updated one that would better suit my demands.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmurano View Post
The newer iPads with the m1/m2 processor are light years ahead of the 4 year old model.
But you are in luck, in a few weeks a brand new series of iPads will be coming out with the m3 processor, a newer Magic Keyboard/trackpad, and will be even bigger than the current 12.9” iPad Pro. All of this along with a new iPad OS, this will/should be the iPad version that you truly can replace a Mac mini/macbook.
My m1 iPad Pro will be up for sale once this comes out.
YAY! So happy to hear this! I’ve been holding onto my 2017 12.9” iPad Pro waiting for one this powerful to be released. Now I might not have to replace my 2014 MBP. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Old 02-28-2024, 04:43 PM
Default apple

make a appt to Millenia mall apple store nice trip
Old 02-28-2024, 10:19 PM
Default I pad frozen

Quote:
I just had the same problem google it and you will see
how to be able to shut it down. I believe you hold the
top button quick push in and release then hold the on off button and the apple will come on also plug in when doing this. If it doesn’t work try the second. button and then the on off good luck
Old 02-29-2024, 08:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Press the power button and the volume button together at the same time for a second or two
Correct.
Closed Thread

Tags
ipad, power, screen, time, touch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.