Chrome: Help Wanted

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Sage
Default Chrome: Help Wanted

My address bar is behaving differently. Now it looks like this:

The Villages Florida

Where did the URL go? I need the URL to cut and paste elsewhere. I tried looking it up but the source mentions that Chrome has a new way of doing things for security reasons but it didn't mention where I can find the actual URL.

I don't want to switch browsers because I am invested in the other google services.

thank-you for helping

Last edited by tomwed; 08-27-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post

The Villages Florida

Where did the URL go? I need the URL to cut and paste elsewhere. I tried looking it up but the source mentions that Chrome has a new way of doing things for security reasons but it didn't mention where I can find the actual URL.

I don't want to switch browsers because I am invested in the other google services.

thank-you for helping
Tom, I also use Chrome and mine has not changed. However, from time to time, Chrome has done some weird things relative to how it displays on the page. Each time it reverts to the previous format after either resetting Chrome or rebooting the computer.
Good luck!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Tom, I also use Chrome and mine has not changed. However, from time to time, Chrome has done some weird things relative to how it displays on the page. Each time it reverts to the previous format after either resetting Chrome or rebooting the computer.
Good luck!

thank-you
i went to Chrome Help and Chrome said I should download the patch. I did and then it said I should try turning it off and on again, just like you said.

If you never heard of the British Comedy called the IT Crowd you will enjoy this youtube.

click here

If I may impose one more time how do posters embed a Youtube in the blog window.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
thank-you
i went to Chrome Help and Chrome said I should download the patch. I did and then it said I should try turning it off and on again, just like you said.

If you never heard of the British Comedy called the IT Crowd you will enjoy this youtube.

click here

If I may impose one more time how do posters embed a Youtube in the blog window.
I have only inserted links. Sorry, no help.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:

The Villages Florida

thank-you for helping

You might try uninstalling Chrome, reboot, and reinstalling Chrome. That should put you back to a standard format. Your bookmarks should still be available, but, just in case, I would save them to a folder on the desktop or in folder in your documents file. Jimmie
Old 08-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
thank-you

click here

you fixed my problem. i downloaded the patch from google and rebooted the machine.
thank-you, all is well
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.