iPhone and iPad Apps that Sizzle

Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Sage

These may have already been mentioned, but a few of my favorites are...

Pocket Informant Pro - Comprehensive personal information manager...calendar, tasks, contacts, notes (text and voice), much more. By far my most-used app. Syncs iPhone, iPad and desktop application.

Dropbox - Everything that's on my PC available to me everywhere.

Sportacular (Yahoo!) - Tracks my favorite sports teams/events, etc.

Tapatalk - Great way to follow and use multiple forums (like ToTV) on your iDevice.

Kindle - Have your kindle books with you on your iDevice.

Audibooks - Listen to a good book while you run or workout.

DrawRace 2 - I like lots of games and they keep coming and going. This is imho the best iDevice game. I can't stay away from it.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

I just installed the coolest app, Citymaps2go. It is free today only. I found it on Apps Gone Free. Free today only, has a 4 1/2 star rating. I downloaded a city map for Bermuda, where I am headed. Also has links to points of interest. Very neat.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Memason

If I take my iphone4 with me to TV, can I call across US and Canada using Whistle? Will I be using airtime or a US carrier? Currently I was told in Canada that I can't use the phone in US without roaming charges. Wondered if I could find a way to use the iphone rather than a Tracfone. Also when I put apps on the phone like Maps, will it work in TV without using airtime and/or a US carrier. I have cellular data turned off as my plan charges for data but not for texting. I'm with Koodo.ca which may be different that Kudoo in US. Thanks or any help.

LW888
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM

Overdrive to access ebooks from the Library
PULSE - you select categories and it updates you on news, food, garden tips, etc
APPSGONEFREE - every day it selects a half dozen apps that cost money and offer them for free for a day.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Gold member

Good golf GPS app is SkyDroid. Cost is $1.99 one time charge. Seems to have all The Villages Courses except Evans. I was using Golf Logix which cost $29.99 per year but like this even better and is simpler to use.

If you put in say Cane Garden it will show all 3 nines. You check which 2 you are playing then it asks you what order you are playing them in. This app is very simple to navigate.

Site below shows information about how it works and also has a video.

SkyDroid - Golf GPS

Site below shows all courses

SkyDroid - Golf GPS: Courses Page
Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 PM

For fun and surveys that you can be interact with on numerous current affair issues, try "ShowofHands". Tells how age groups, income levels, gender, and political preference vote by state and nationally on topics. You can even put in your own questions for voting results and also see how you match up against others on how you voted on topics.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
If I take my iphone4 with me to TV, can I call across US and Canada using Whistle? Will I be using airtime or a US carrier? Currently I was told in Canada that I can't use the phone in US without roaming charges. Wondered if I could find a way to use the iphone rather than a Tracfone. Also when I put apps on the phone like Maps, will it work in TV without using airtime and/or a US carrier. I have cellular data turned off as my plan charges for data but not for texting. I'm with Koodo.ca which may be different that Kudoo in US. Thanks or any help.

LW888
I'm sending you a PM on this topic....

Mike
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM

I have read all 7 pages here. I could have missed this though. I was told yesterday that there was an app for the golf cart/bike lanes in TV. I have searched and I don't find anything. Do you know of an app like this, if so, could you tell me what it is called? Thanks.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Platinum member
Default Love This App

Being lazy this morning (as I often am), I did not read through all the posts here so this one might have already been mentioned.

I have a Voice Memos app (free) that I use primarily for doctor visits both in their offices and the hospital. The doctors we have really like this. Since most (well, ok, many) of us rarely retain everything they say, it works great.

There is a share option which I use to send to all the kids, trusted friends, and to my own email. This way they all get the same report and I don't have to keep repeating. I have a folder set up in my email to keep medical stuff.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Being lazy this morning (as I often am), I did not read through all the posts here so this one might have already been mentioned.

I have a Voice Memos app (free) that I use primarily for doctor visits both in their offices and the hospital. The doctors we have really like this. Since most (well, ok, many) of us rarely retain everything they say, it works great.

There is a share option which I use to send to all the kids, trusted friends, and to my own email. This way they all get the same report and I don't have to keep repeating. I have a folder set up in my email to keep medical stuff.
I use Voice Memo for that as well. It is so easy to forget a detail when you are trying to grasp all the instructions from the doctor.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I have a Voice Memos app (free) that I use primarily for doctor visits both in their offices and the hospital. The doctors we have really like this.
Sounds like a good idea. Is this App similar to using a voice recorder?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Default Golfers radar

IMHO you can't beat Myradar from the Apple store (free).
You can zoom right into Sandhill or Turtle Mound or any other course.

Sure hope that Weatherbug isn't the same one I had years ago...full of malware and couldn't delete it...as I say that was several years ago.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR&VAF View Post
I have read all 7 pages here. I could have missed this though. I was told yesterday that there was an app for the golf cart/bike lanes in TV. I have searched and I don't find anything. Do you know of an app like this, if so, could you tell me what it is called? Thanks.
It is not an app but a web site called Carting The Villages. I just tried in on my iPhone and it did not display the cart path map. I will have to play around with it to see if it can be displayed.

VG
Old 11-21-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Just search for Google Maps...it's in the App Store. Just got put there last night... WHen I searched, it brought up a bunch of Google stuff, so I have to scroll thru to find it....

Later....
you can "search" on iphone for your app. with new ios, touch any icon and "pull down", the search box appears. type in the first few letters of the app you're looking for and voila, you can then select the app you previously had to scroll for. i have way too m any apps to find them. you can also group your apps, but that doesn't help me.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:57 AM

And the favorite app to use as a speedometer in the golf cart? I used a db meter app to convince the gym (in another state) that their sound system was too loud. Thinking about returning my refrigerator based on the measured db.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.