Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Macbook or Macbook Pro?

Just want the Apple for vacation access, have an iMac. Leaning towards the new 13" Macbook to take in our R-V. Can save about $300. Any ideas? Not at all interested in a PC.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 AM
nkrifats

For just vacation use I would think the Macbook would do all that you need. We have both in the family and wife uses a Macbook and has no issues on vacation. Uses it for email, internet and some word processing. Either way I don;t think you can go wrong.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
Just want the Apple for vacation access, have an iMac. Leaning towards the new 13" Macbook to take in our R-V. Can save about $300. Any ideas? Not at all interested in a PC.
I have a fairly new 13" Macbook and it performs well. I think it will do fine for you traveling in your RV.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 AM

I have a Macbook Pro (15")---I LOVE IT. It is a GREAT computer. I bought the 13" macbook for my granddaughter. I did not like it at all. The speakers are very poor plus it was slow. Later I got the 13" macbook Pro for my grandson. The difference is like night & day. He could use it in the dark because of the back light to the keys. Also, it is a lot faster than the macbook.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Gold member

I have a Macbook (since January) and love it. So much faster than my old PC and so much easier to use. Did not get the one-on-one, but have attended 2-3 free workshops at one of the Apple Stores here in Columbus.

I'm a VERY casual user. Don't see the need for Macbook Pro for someone like me. Do use the spreadsheets in Numbers, especially while I was renting it out, and for budgeting. Need to take the Iworks workshop to figure out what else I can do with it.

But my question - don't have one but for the use you're projecting (while in your RV), why not get an IPad, since you have the big boy at home? Am sure I will be informed here if my assumption that it would do all you need is incorrect.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Just to add my vote.. I have a MacBook Pro 15", which is pretty much my main computer these days. Whenever I travel, it generally goes with me. However, I also have the iPad and that is all "I" use when I travel. My wife uses the MacBook Pro. It really depends upon what you will be doing, while on the road. If you will doing banking, bill pay, heavy duty emailing, then you might want to stay with the MacBook or MacBook Pro.

Have never had the MacBook, so I can't give you any comparison between the two. I would need to review the specs for each to make a decision.

Good luck....
Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 AM

I too have the 15 in. Macbook pro...love it. DH got the 13 in pro since he travels a lot.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Default mac book

Recently bought a mac book and really like it a lot.... After using an HP for many years, it's was an adjustment in learning the ways around it, but it is worth the effort.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Thank you all

You all gave me ideas to ponder. I will be going to the Apple store in Orlando to check out the i-pad and Macbooks. I don't think the i-pads have Flash and therefore can't get a lot of emails. I have the little i-pod touch. It's OK for short term emergency messages but not nearly enough for web browsing for an extended period of time that we'd be away. Thank you all.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool oops.... We have a new one ....

Before you buy, you might want to check out the brand new MacBook Air. Just announced yesterday and although I don't too much about it, it does look very good. If I were in the market, ????

Cheers!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Found one!

I compared all the Macbooks, even the Air, at the Orlando store, and got the Macbook Pro 13". The 11" Air is going to be the smallest Macbook Apple has made. I predict it will be a very popular laptop. It comes in at $999, same as the Macbook which is 13".
Old 12-19-2010, 05:55 PM

Congrats on your purchase...no matter what mac, you will enjoy it.
My main one is the Macbook Pro 15inch. which I love...but I'm thinking of also getting an IPAD, not to substitute the pro...but to use for traveling.

enjoy...
Old 12-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Default Mac

With any Mac you can't go wrong.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyvillager View Post
With any Mac you can't go wrong.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.