Map Icon on Smart Watch

Old 04-23-2024, 11:37 AM
Default Map Icon on Smart Watch

I've inadvertently enabled something on my watch/phone (watch is configured to mirror phone) and now a "mapping" icon appears on my clock face. If I tap, it goes to maps. I cannot find a way to shut it off. I believe it is having an adverse effect on battery as I am having to charge watch much more frequently.

All was working as desired -- mapping requests on phone sent haptic alerts to watch. I have confirmed there is no active route set on the phone, so need to figure out what is auto enabled and stop it.

Your help/expertise is welcomed.... Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2010.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	103813  
Old 04-23-2024, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPCGenius View Post
I've inadvertently enabled something on my watch/phone (watch is configured to mirror phone) and now a "mapping" icon appears on my clock face. If I tap, it goes to maps. I cannot find a way to shut it off. I believe it is having an adverse effect on battery as I am having to charge watch much more frequently.

All was working as desired -- mapping requests on phone sent haptic alerts to watch. I have confirmed there is no active route set on the phone, so need to figure out what is auto enabled and stop it.

Your help/expertise is welcomed.... Thanks!

This appears when you navigate with a third-party app. If you still see the navigation icon after you end your navigation, restart your watch.

Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.

Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

See if this works.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:24 PM
Default Thank You, Blackie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
This appears when you navigate with a third-party app. If you still see the navigation icon after you end your navigation, restart your watch.

Turn off your Apple Watch: Press and hold the side button until the sliders appear, tap the Power Button, then drag the Power Off slider to the right.

Turn on your Apple Watch: Hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.

See if this works.
That fixed it. U R the best!!

Tags
watch, phone, enabled, icon, mapping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.