Microsoft emails about storage limit?

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2023, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
My wife got the same email and I received something similar from Google. What they doing is combining your email storage with your photos. They set a low limit and then try to charge you for extra storage. It's a money grab.
My wife did have a ton of old email and she deleted a bunch but was still over the limit with some photos that she didn't even know she had on one drive.
She finally started getting her email after deleting almost all of her photos which were really old.
I got the same from Google. Google used to have a photo app called Picaso years ago. You had unlimited storage of all your photos. They did away with that and said Photos would replace that app.
Now all of a sudden Google is combining gmail and photos to a 15gig limit. As soon as you open up gmail there's a statement in bold saying you are almost over the limit and would you like to buy extra storage $20 a month or something like that.
So you either have to delete photos or copy they locally to your hard drive.
PSA AGAIN:
all retail cloud products are designed to sell storage with unlimited connectivity for sharing and backups and security, but someone has to pay for the servers and the maintenance and the security. . .
Old 06-27-2023, 09:00 AM

I've been getting scam emails saying the same thing. Log into your onedrive account and check the storage capacity yourself just to make sure.
Old 06-27-2023, 09:53 AM

Scammers are targeting Microsoft users with ‘storage full’ emails - Which? News
Old 06-27-2023, 12:47 PM

I've gotten that email a couple of times and just deleted it. Was pretty sure it's a scam, as I had disabled one drive as soon as I got the gawd-awful Windows 10 computer. This thread made me curious, so I went into File Explorer and opened One Drive to check. It had one empty folder and a couple files. I confirmed that I was right: 0% used. I don't want anything to do with the Cloud!
"Trust no one."

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 06-28-2023, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

If all you use is Gmail think about getting a Chromebook. I've been using one for over 10 years and will never go back to Windows. You get 15 gig of free cloud storage, cannot get a virus (the operating system is locked down) you have word processing and spreadsheet programs that are very like Word and Excel. In fact I've both read in and written out each of those.
If the machine should die, then all you have to do is buy a new one, sign in and everything you had on the old one will come back.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
I've gotten that email a couple of times and just deleted it. Was pretty sure it's a scam, as I had disabled one drive as soon as I got the gawd-awful Windows 10 computer. This thread made me curious, so I went into File Explorer and opened One Drive to check. It had one empty folder and a couple files. I confirmed that I was right: 0% used. I don't want anything to do with the Cloud!
"Trust no one."
If you only viewed the One Drive folder in File Explorer, you may have only seen files that are residing on your hard drive. To access the One Drive cloud folder, you need to log in at "onedrive.com" and click on "my files". The only files you will see in the File Explorer folder are those that are being synced from the cloud folder.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:59 AM

its all bull
Closed Thread

Tags
storage, emails, microsoft, stating, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.