No online for HP laptop?

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default No online for HP laptop?

My laptop can't find any internet connection and keeps suggesting that I hook it up to an Ethernet cable, not something I really want to do. Any suggestions?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
My laptop can't find any internet connection and keeps suggesting that I hook it up to an Ethernet cable, not something I really want to do. Any suggestions?
At home?
Re-boot your computer.
If no internet then;
Unplug your router, give it about 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
If still no internet then;
Unplug your modem, same deal for the re-boot.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 08-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Restart

Sometimes you have to restart the router or modem to get it connected. Usually it isn't a physical problem with the computer itself.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Sage

This is definitely the laptop. Same result in different houses. Happened once before but after about four reboots, everything was okay. Not this time.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Villages contractor

Quote:
This is definitely the laptop. Same result in different houses. Happened once before but after about four reboots, everything was okay. Not this time.
I just had a customer in the village of Charlotte today with the same problem. It seems that the wireless adapter had decided to shut itself off. Go to the bottom right hand corner of the home screen, find where your network connection should be, right click it, click "network settings", on that window click "adapter settings" then find your wireless adapter and click "enable". If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I help villagers with PC issues such as your over the phone for free .
Old 08-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Sage

I think this is going to drive me crazier than I am already. Woke laptop out sleep mode, entered password, got to desktop so I could try Village Contractor's suggestion and couldn't try it because it magically found the Internet connection. I swear this thing is going to drive me bonkers. Thanks all!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Villages contractor

Quote:
I think this is going to drive me crazier than I am already. Woke laptop out sleep mode, entered password, got to desktop so I could try Village Contractor's suggestion and couldn't try it because it magically found the Internet connection. I swear this thing is going to drive me bonkers. Thanks all!
Technology is funny like that. I've had many instances where I absolutely could not figure out a problem, then it corrected itself, then I tried to replicate the problem to pinpoint it and it never showed up again. Hopefully that will be your outcome as well!
Closed Thread

Tags
laptop, ethernet, cable, suggestions, hook, online, find, internet, suggesting, connection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.