no use for desktop?

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2015, 07:00 AM

Two years ago my hubby bought me an iPad for my birthday. It came with 2mb of data free for life from T-Mobile, though I use wifi 99% of the time. I hardly use my laptop now at all! I use the iPad for calls, messages, email, taking and storing photos and only need the other for certain big programs, like photoshop and lightroom. As tablets continue to evolve, I think they are the future. I have a separate keyboard I sometimes use but rarely.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:37 AM

Have smart phone, laptop, ipad, and desktop computer. I love the computer to sit and work on without distraction, plus the 22 in screen. Could not do taxes on a iphone or ipad. The keyboard is the best for fast accurate data entry, I think the funniest thing, is tvs getting bigger all the time, 50 inch is now small, yet people will stream on a 4 inch screen. go figure.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:57 AM
Platinum member

While I can envision touch screen tablets with attachable keyboards as adequate for most people, I still want my desktop for large spreadsheets and websites where I want to see more of a full page on a screen. I also prefer to have the keyboard slightly lower than the desk with an angle (slide out keyboard tray).
Old 06-06-2015, 12:23 PM

We have a desktop in the office/den that hubby uses almost always. Connected to that is the scanner/printer. I use mostly my I-pad mini. Also use my I phone 5 sometimes. We also have the regular size I pad, which hubby uses sometimes. I passed that along to him when I bought the mini on sale for $200.00. Love the I pad mini the best. It is the perfect size for me. In addition...for banking etc I use the laptop. There is a platform for everyone's wants, preferences & needs. So cool! On the other hand, my hubby & myself both dislike GPS directions, & believe me we have several versions. Oh well - to each his own.

Oh BTW...my brother who is a rancher hates any kind of digital communication. We have to actually call him on the telephone.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Veteran member

I'll also add that, for me, tiny screens become more problematic as my near vision degrades. Increasing the font size requires a lot of sideways scrolling in order to read the page.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.