Obnoxious Ad Removal

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Default Obnoxious Ad Removal

Is there anyway to remove these obnoxious ads on this site.
If Hubby logs in when I am away he just might start clicking on the senior dating ad.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Nope. That's how the site makes the money to stay online. It's either ads or we pay a fee for the server, etc. Personally, I vote for the ads.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Sage

A pic of a 20 YO blond bimbo with an open cut striped top and shorts with the Want a Date title just doesn't seem appropriate for TOTV.

Where are the admins?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 08-11-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
A pic of a 20 YO blond bimbo with an open cut striped top and shorts with the Want a Date title just doesn't seem appropriate for TOTV.

Where are the admins?

Since August 1st, those ads have been clicked on 287 times. Apparently there is a market in The Villages for that advertiser.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
A pic of a 20 YO blond bimbo with an open cut striped top and shorts with the Want a Girlfriend title just doesn't seem appropriate for TOTV.

Where are the admins?

We may be old but were not dead yet.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

We may be on a diet but we still like to read the menu.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned

I'm on here all the time and I have never seen any like described.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Everyone knows how much I am on here. (ad nauseum) I haven't seen anything like that.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Taltarzac

I really like that ad. However, I have never purposely clicked on it.

The woman could be anywhere from 25 to 40 though. And, you can see down here shirt as she is doing what looks to be a push-up.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage

Ditto Lou Card and Gracie. I haven't seen an ad like that here either.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Eternal Member

What is the ad about or for? I have never seen it.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
What is the ad about or for? I have never seen it.
Cannot really say what the ad is for as I was not really paying attention to the pitch.

There's a blonde chick and she is in a push-up position with the camera on her face and upper body. You see her shorts in the background.

I thought it had something to do with senior dating even though the woman looks like she could not be any older than 45 at the most.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Ok, I have to chime in. I may catch heck, but this is JMHO! I have seen the ad on this site, and honestly think nothing about it. It brings revenue which keeps this site free for us to talk.
But after seeing some the posts on here about it, it reminds me of when ever I make a comment on how TV needs a Hooter's. Which as I have said, if people would bother to actually go, and see that it is not a strip club, the girls don't give lap dances, etc. BUT that is a great sports atmosphere, the food is very reasonable prices and very good, and the girls are actually dressed! (GASP!) I say all this to make this point, and once again please don't take me wrong, JMHO, if people are so insecure within their marriage about their mates, they have serious trust problems, and the marriage is not that solid as you think it is. My wife actually points out attractive women for me to look at, cause as has been said, we may live in TV but we ain't dead!
And while we are on this point let me stay on my soap box some more, when we go to the pools, my wife has become insecure because of looks/comments she gets there cause she wears a bikini. My wife for her age looks very good, and those that know me & Mrs AG know that. She also works very hard at it, by going to the gym 5 days a week for several hours each time, plus watches what she eats/drinks. And here is a shocker, she was not born this way, 5 years ago she was a size 20 and 100 lbs heavier!!! But other women are worried about their husbands looking at her. This week she actually went out and bought a one piece, the only one she now owns just to wear to the pools! All over insecurity, so it is alot more then just some personal ads on this site.
Ok, point made, off soap box!
Army Guy
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Where's my ads ???? I feel cheated!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
Ok, I have to chime in. I may catch heck, but this is JMHO! I have seen the ad on this site, and honestly think nothing about it. It brings revenue which keeps this site free for us to talk.
But after seeing some the posts on here about it, it reminds me of when ever I make a comment on how TV needs a Hooter's. Which as I have said, if people would bother to actually go, and see that it is not a strip club, the girls don't give lap dances, etc. BUT that is a great sports atmosphere, the food is very reasonable prices and very good, and the girls are actually dressed! (GASP!) I say all this to make this point, and once again please don't take me wrong, JMHO, if people are so insecure within their marriage about their mates, they have serious trust problems, and the marriage is not that solid as you think it is. My wife actually points out attractive women for me to look at, cause as has been said, we may live in TV but we ain't dead!
And while we are on this point let me stay on my soap box some more, when we go to the pools, my wife has become insecure because of looks/comments she gets there cause she wears a bikini. My wife for her age looks very good, and those that know me & Mrs AG know that. She also works very hard at it, by going to the gym 5 days a week for several hours each time, plus watches what she eats/drinks. And here is a shocker, she was not born this way, 5 years ago she was a size 20 and 100 lbs heavier!!! But other women are worried about their husbands looking at her. This week she actually went out and bought a one piece, the only one she now owns just to wear to the pools! All over insecurity, so it is alot more then just some personal ads on this site.
Ok, point made, off soap box!
Army Guy
Occasionally my wife asks me if I saw a particular woman that walked by. Most of the time I have not.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.