Outlook not working with Firefox

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2017, 02:51 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Default Outlook not working with Firefox

Anyone else not able to access an Outlook e-mail account using Firefox ver 52.0.2 [32-bit]?

Receive the following msg:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to mail.live.com. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Has apparently impacted lots of users...prob is being tracked here:
Issues while accessing Visual Studio Team Services through Firefox browser – 05/29 – Mitigated – Service Blog – Visual Studio Team Services

Response fr Microsoft claims:
Final Update: Monday, May 29th 2017 18:55 UTC

Firefox users may have experienced errors when trying to use Visual Studio Team Services. A fix has been implemented across our environment. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
•Root Cause: The failure was due to stale caches causing login errors. Users may have seen the error: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT. The workaround was to switch to another internet browser. This issue is limited to users logging in with Firefox.

BUT...am still not able to access my e-mail acct on Firefox!

Old 05-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Gold member

Yes! Message says....

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to Sign In. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites
Old 05-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Still not working! New update here: Office 365 Service Status

Debfrommaine - do you have another browser available for viewing your Hotmail acct? If not, you might want to review this option: Disabling Firefox's 'Secure Connection Failed' Warning - Security Musings

Last edited by njbchbum; 05-30-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Are you using Windows's Outlook.com or the stand-alone Outlook?
Old 05-30-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Are you using Windows's Outlook.com or the stand-alone Outlook?
The windows version - IE11 I think on Vista

Old 05-30-2017, 01:35 PM
Sage

I use Firefox and encountered the error message a few weeks ago. I switched to using this address -- Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email -- Problem solved.

Good luck
Old 05-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I use Firefox and encountered the error message a few weeks ago. I switched to using this address -- Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email -- Problem solved.

Good luck
THANK YOU!

Works like a charm!

Closed Thread

Tags
firefox, users, error, ocsp, outlook

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.