Smartphone help

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Default Smartphone help

I want to upgrade to a smartphone of some type. Want email and internet access, touch screen, and availability of apps. But, I am confused. Can anyone help with what is difference between droid and windows capability? Also is it worth going for 4G at this point as it is just coming out? Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 AM

I love my iPhone. I bought it on day one. When the price reduction and rebate was announced after the initial introduction I asked Mrs Snowbirdtobe "Do you want an iPhone?". We both love our phones and they work well in TV. If you live in an area with poor AT&T service Apple should have a new carrier in January.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Another vote for the iPhone... I'm returning from Europe in 29 days (yes, I'm counting them!) and I'm hoping to get the new iPhone 4, once I get there. I'm hoping it shows up on the Verizon network in January. The Android phones are interesting, but I ruled them out for a variety of reasons. Microsoft Windows Mobile 7 phones.... Hmmmm..... I don't think Microsoft gets it yet. Mobile 7 is destined to be a huge failure, in my opinion. Microsoft needs to stick with what they're good at and it isn't mobile devices of any kind.

As for 4G... only Sprint has a 4G a network and I believe the HTC EVO is the only phone that takes advantage of the 4G network. I could be wrong on that, but someone else will correct me if I am. In a couple years, all providers will have a 4G like network, although it might be called something different, like LTE or HSPA, etc. Verizon is advertising it's LTE network will be available before the end of the year in selected markets....The Villages is not one of them. Although, Orlando is.

Bottomline: If I were getting a cellphone today, it'd be the iPhone.

Good luck in your quest....
Old 11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage

A vote for the droid phones. We have the Droid Incredible and love them. Email, internet, and plenty of apps. The Verizon network is strong here for us and when traveling. Our son has an iPhone in Jacksonville, and he keeps encountering dead zones when he's talking to us. Otherwise he loves his phone. Really, if you get one of the newer smart phones on a solid network, you'll likely not be disappointed.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Default Droid X

I just bought a driod X and love it I connected it to my speakers through my truck and listen to pandora music all the way to the tv. I may be a little bias as my son works for Verison. He tells me that they are switching over to 4 G in the near future. The phone has its own app market with many free apps. It has a 6 mega pix camera and vidio camera built in. Very easy to use and send pics to e-mail,other phones and facebook. It has a larger screen and big touch pad to call people. I also downloaded a free ap to give me distances on the golf courses all over the place. Go to the verison store and play with the phone. the store has to be a one own by Verision for them to have a phone to play with.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM

I would be interested in any updated comments or recommendations you all might have for a smartphone. I am in the market...so many choices, so many options. Comments anyone?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.